Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Default Re: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    They can (and probably will) simply make us kick from 5 yds further back.
    Correct, I would at least give it a shot if I was the Griz. With that return guy you give up the 35 for a chance at a return.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Correct, I would at least give it a shot if I was the Griz. With that return guy you give up the 35 for a chance at a return.
    Absolutely. With Bergen as a weapon, a good coach would tell him to return every damned one!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Remember SDSU in 2022? We did just that and Cole threw a TD to Luepke down the seam. It was beautiful.
    When Cole comes in, NDSU is really running the wildcat more than our base offense, or am I missing something? Even the announcers were calling a Cole run. Not that it mattered - Cole had 6 runs, two for long TDs and a 4th down conversion which is a success ratio that most teams would die for.

Yeah, he can pass out of it - NDSU always seems to play the long game on things like that. The thing is people are still committing hard to the RB on the read-option (well, maybe USD wasn't in this last game) so you take what they give you (just my opinion.)

I'm still waiting for a bit of trickery timed correctly in this playoff run(if needed of course)

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’m interested in seeing how we attack (or don’t) the huge splits the Griz OL uses. Difficult for them to double team using those. Hoping our Dline can win one-on-ones and keep LBs clean. Also, will we see more LB blitzes? If so, hoping the timing is better than last USD and some other games.
    I agree it will be interesting to see how our coaches use the large O-line splits to our advantage. Our D line does better when active, not restricted in close confines and getting manhandled. I also hope our offense has more quick hitting run plays to our RB's and more throws over the middle to WR's, TE's, FB's. Use the QB run less often, but as needed to throw them off balance, and get short yardage from under center. Doubt NDSU holds Montana to less than 20 points so need to keep the offense moving.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their QB is Freshman of the year correct? Gotta think he is sniffing around already for offers. What year is Bergen? He's got be getting offers as well. We are a galvanized team right now and if we can get up early, those guys might fold it up and play like Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Their QB is Freshman of the year correct? Gotta think he is sniffing around already for offers. What year is Bergen? He's got be getting offers as well. We are a galvanized team right now and if we can get up early, those guys might fold it up and play like Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.
    Bergen to Colorado is the rumor
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It was actually their RB, Gillman, who was the Freshman of the Year...QB was a transfer from Central Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    It was actually their RB, Gillman, who was the Freshman of the Year...QB was a transfer from Central Arkansas
    Wow, beat out by the UNI reject.....

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.