Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Default Re: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I watched most of the Furman game again - that Montana QB is a heckuva runner, but Furman's defense looked like it matched up well with Montana's offense. Not sure how NDSU's defense will match up, especially on the perimeter.

Anyway, last year against NDSU, Montana seemed to really crowd the line of scrimmage on defense and the result was NDSU having three guys with runs of around 70 yards. NDSU only passed for 58 yards.

Obviously, this year's Grizzly offense is completely different with their super QB, but how different is Montana's defense? Apparently, it's much better against the run.
    I'm nervous about tackling issues cropping up again for the Bison defense - not only is McDowell a good runner but they have two really good RBs in Gillman and Ostmo who can break tackles. There might be more points than expected scored in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Grizzly Hall of Famer, MTN color analyst Marty Mornhinweg 'had a blast' calling games on UM's run

talks Montana NDSU: three minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5rg-4Cj0w
    Same guy who accepted a penalty on 3rd down instead of forcing the Bears to punt in an overtime game back in the early 00s?

with their super QB
    Passing
    Cam - 199 of 269 74.0% 2,530yrds 9.4avg 18 TDs 4 INTs
    Super QB - 122 of 205 59.5% 1,701yrds 8.3avg 12TDs 3 INTs

Rushing
    Cam - 128car 645yrds 5.0avg 13 TDs + Cole - 77car 573yrds 7.4avg 12 TDs
    Super QB - 144car 734yrds 5.1avg 9 TDs (no other QB on their roster has any time on the field other than mop up duty and no positive yards)

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Passing

Rushing
    Super QB - 144car 734yrds 5.1avg 9 TDs (no other QB on their roster has any time on the field other than mop up duty and no positive yards)
    Well, I think that Cam is one of the best QBs that NDSU has ever had.

What I saw against Furman was an extremely dynamic runner who I wouldn't underestimate. His passing was decent - and their WRs could be problems.

I still remember people saying Taiwan Jones wasn't going to do crap against the 2010(!!!!) Bison.

Passing

Rushing
    Also remember that McDowell only started 8 games. He played in the first 4 but split time with Vidlak before winning the job as starting RB/qb
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Well, I think that Cam is one of the best QBs that NDSU has ever had.

What I saw against Furman was an extremely dynamic runner who I wouldn't underestimate. His passing was decent - and their WRs could be problems.

I still remember people saying Taiwan Jones wasn't going to do crap against the 2010(!!!!) Bison.
    Well Im sure everyone knows I've got some issues with Cam's play at times but he was on fire on Saturday. I also watched the Fri night game and didn't see anything that made me more worried about McDowell than I was about Mellott who along with Chambers were both better runners than McDowell and Mellott is easily the superior passer. IMO Montana loses 99 out of 100 of those games to Furman, as there's less than a 1% chance of getting both a Kickoff and Punt Return TD to bail out that stagnant offense. We all know Cam had a terrible game against MSU but he bounced back with his best performance of the season against USD so the key could be down to which Cam shows up. Im also not saying McDowell won't be a challenge but he shouldn't be enough by himself to tip the scales.

Well Im sure everyone knows I've got some issues with Cam's play at times but he was on fire on Saturday. I also watched the Fri night game and didn't see anything that made me more worried about McDowell than I was about Mellott who along with Chambers were both better runners than McDowell and Mellott is easily the superior passer. IMO Montana loses 99 out of 100 of those games to Furman, as there's less than a 1% chance of getting both a Kickoff and Punt Return TD to bail out that stagnant offense. We all know Cam had a terrible game against MSU but he bounced back with his best performance of the season against USD so the key could be down to which Cam shows up. Im also not saying McDowell won't be a challenge but he shouldn't be enough by himself to tip the scales.
    Be prepared for all of their players playing their worst game of the year ...

I’ll say this: I think we’re going to have to have our best tackling game of the year to win this one.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Same guy who accepted a penalty on 3rd down instead of forcing the Bears to punt in an overtime game back in the early 00s?
    3. Mornhinweg's boner
    Ah, the one that inspired this list. Sudden-death OT, his team wins the flip, and Mornhinweg chooses to kick. Hey, the Lions get the wind at their back! But, hey! The Bears get the ball! The Lions never have a chance, as the Bears score on the first, and only, possession of OT to win the game. To quote TMQ, "Ye Gods!"

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!