Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Default Re: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Some health issues going on in Bison camp. Not sure dimes would know that tho.
    Also the whole head coach news may be impacting it…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Absolutely, you guys are welcome anytime I will be there just like last game with Furman. Hit me up when you get to town
    I’ve got tickets and hotel booked. Staying just across the river.

Will plan to find you in the tailgate lots.

My 12-yr old son and big Bison fan will be with me, along with another fellow NDSU grad and his 12-yr old son.

Eight years is too long! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    5dimes had it at Bison -2.5 yesterday. I saw it was -1 earlier today so it continues to slide in Montana's favor.
    I think both Montana State and USD games did the same. Money went the other way after opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Alpha said if they get behind they would fold...but he didn't say we had it in the bag. He chooses his words carefully...I like that about him. I remember us going out there for the first game of the season...if memory serves Alpha was similarly heaping the praise...but there were little warnings that came out too. Something about Griz finding a way to win big games at home. No way we see the Griz that played this last Friday.

The noise is going to cause some issues...we've had too many false starts lately...made for uncomfortable 3rd downs. If we can find a way to pull this one out, I think we have a 50/50 chance of beating SDSU. They are not playing their best ball right now.
    We need to smack them in the mouth early and limit big plays. They are very good at getting big plays. Weather looks good, but if anything changes our team is very good at adapting. If there's snow/wet field we will likely get a lot of big plays in the run game.

Need to kick the ball out of bounds or thru the endzone and not give Bergen an opportunity to return it. Give them the ball on the 35 is better then risking a TD especially since our coverage sucks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We need to smack them in the mouth early and limit big plays. They are very good at getting big plays. Weather looks good but if anything changes, our team is very good at adapting. If there's snow/wet field we will likely get a lot of big plays in the run game.
    I’m interested in seeing how we attack (or don’t) the huge splits the Griz OL uses. Difficult for them to double team using those. Hoping our Dline can win one-on-ones and keep LBs clean. Also, will we see more LB blitzes? If so, hoping the timing is better than last USD and some other games.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I have not watched all of this yet but here it is for you to enjoy...

Montana presser posted 12 hrs ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVT-jMdbAyM

No, sorry, like most schools they do not give the reporters a microphone when asking their questions...
    Don't believe everything you think.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I really thought that they'd bait the secondary and LB with this Cole run and he'd gather his feet and rip one over their heads for a 20 yd completion. Maybe someday we'll see this.
    Remember SDSU in 2022? We did just that and Cole threw a TD to Luepke down the seam. It was beautiful.

Then Cam completed a pass down to the 2 yard line, got a penalty for shooting a fake arrow, and we tried to run the exact same play that ended up being an interception. Then the wheels fell off.

Not saying that should deter us from trying to throw when Cole is in. Hell USD had 9 guys in the box when Cole was on the field. They were daring Tyler to throw the ball. Didnt need to as half of his carries resulted in touchdowns.

I predict that at some point this year we are going to see something from Cole where either he throws the ball OR they do a throw back to Cole like the one they ran against JMU in the semis of 2021 that was a sure touchdown that Quincy dropped.
    Last edited by G_Funky; 12-12-2023 at 04:13 PM. Reason: clarified it was Quincy that dropped the pass
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Remember SDSU in 2022? We did just that and Cole threw a TD to Luepke down the seam. It was beautiful.

Then Cam completed a pass down to the 2 yard line, got a penalty for shooting a fake arrow, and we tried to run the exact same play that ended up being an interception. Then the wheels fell off.

Not saying that should deter us from trying to throw when Cole is in. Hell USD had 9 guys in the box when Cole was on the field. They were daring Tyler to throw the ball. Didnt need to as half of his carries resulted in touchdowns.

I predict that at some point this year we are going to see something from Cole where either he throws the ball OR they do a throw back to Cole like the one they ran against JMU in the semis of 2021 that was a sure touchdown that Quincy dropped.
    Still groan whenever I recall that play.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Need to kick the ball out of bounds or thru the endzone and not give Bergen an opportunity to return it. Give them the ball on the 35 is better then risking a TD especially since our coverage sucks anyway.
    They can (and probably will) simply make us kick from 5 yds further back.