Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Default Re: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    You skin griz pilgrim?

MSU tougher than UM, IMO. Brawl-of-Wild was anomaly. Just look how MSU played the bunnies in brookings. Wonky meaningless shit happens in in-state rivalry games up here (see fighting hawks). Go Bison!!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forecast in Missoula Saturday calls for a high of 30, patchy fog, and light wind. Sounds better than the wildfire smoke game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Forecast in Missoula Saturday calls for a high of 30, patchy fog, and light wind. Sounds better than the wildfire smoke game.
    Looks like the fog should burn off by kickoff too, weather shouldn’t be a factor in this one if the forecast holds

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    weather shouldn’t be a factor in this one if the forecast holds
    Gotta love El Nino...

elnino.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bergen to Colorado is the rumor
    Don't think soooo..... Family is all in Montana.! Some lesser players have been rumored to leave, but you know how rumors go... Go GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!

I was impressed with Bergen, he really is a playmaker. Any Griz fans out there let me know the low down on your QB? Strengths, weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by autogriz View Post
    Don't think soooo..... Family is all in Montana.! Some lesser players have been rumored to leave, but you know how rumors go... Go GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!
    So was Grant Nelson's family..........

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I was impressed with Bergen, he really is a playmaker. Any Griz fans out there let me know the low down on your QB? Strengths, weaknesses?
    Bison undoubtably have the better QB and its not even debatable.

Miller threw for 831 more yards than McDowell had a much higher completion % (74.5 to 59.5)
    Miller threw for more TD's (18 to 12) and one more INT 4 to 3

Miler was more efficient on field throwing the ball and has total control over the Bison offense.
    Miller rushed for 735 yards compared to McDowells 848.

Miller often comes out in games throwing the ball high and IMO its because he has pretty bad footwork and balance issues. He is constantly not getting his hips around when he rolls out and throws off his back foot fading backwards when pressured. Its not a knock on him its just what he does and he still wins games.

McDowell is a RB playing QB, he is a one read guy that rarely runs through progressions and is easily flustered when pressure is put on him. You get to him a couple times early and rattle him he isn't the same guy playing from in front and comfortable. Just like most QBs He isnt consistent enough or accurate enough to bring a team back with his arm if they are playing from behind. That will just not happen. Miller has proven he can do that.

That was evident last week against Furman when our offense put up 21 points against a very good Paladin defense. Without the 2 special teams scores in that game you guys are playing is South Carolina this week.

Positions I think you guys have advantages are QB, RB, OL DL, maybe your secondary but it could also be a wash. Griz have Fouch, Walker, Graves and Gradney You guys have Wisnewski, Jung, Price. Montana tackles better in secondary
    Montana has a slight advantage at LB, small fast and deep. They have guys like Lee, Hill, Flink, Janacaro and Wilson that tackle well and really IMO the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Kopp Hendricks and Gubner are the studs on the DL, Montana doesnt have much after Gubner so the advantage goes to NDSU on the DL

Special teams is basically a wash with the exception of Bergen as a return guy, maybe Bison have a slightly better kicker its all close.

I think talent and depth favor the Bison but that doesn't always equate to winning. It should be a good balanced game and if played clean (no turnovers) might come down to who has the ball last. If one team gets a couple turnovers and more possessions because of that, might be the difference. Your offense is better than ours and I think our defense is slightly better than yours with the exception of the DL. It's all close and all the teams left are good but these two seem to be peaking lately and SDSU isn't

Should be a good one
    Last edited by ALPHAGRIZ1; 12-14-2023 at 05:19 PM.
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Wink Re: 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Bison undoubtably have the better QB and its not even debatable.
    Also, remember McDowell didn;t see action until the 5th game against ISU.... From there out, he wins every game so far... Can't say that for Miller.... McDowell is a momentum leader & does not quit.... If McDowell had those other 4 games under his belt, I don't think Miller would be much better in stats than McDowell, we shall see... GO GRIZ.....
    Also, remember McDowell didn't see action until the 5th game against ISU...From there out, he wins every game so far, can't say that for Miller... He is a momentum leader & does not quit...

Miller threw for 831 more yards than McDowell had a much higher completion % (74.5 to 59.5)
    Miller threw for more TD's (18 to 12) and one more INT 4 to 3

Miler was more efficient on field throwing the ball and has total control over the Bison offense.
    Miller rushed for 735 yards compared to McDowells 848.

Miller often comes out in games throwing the ball high and IMO its because he has pretty bad footwork and balance issues. He is constantly not getting his hips around when he rolls out and throws off his back foot fading backwards when pressured. Its not a knock on him its just what he does and he still wins games.

McDowell is a RB playing QB, he is a one read guy that rarely runs through progressions and is easily flustered when pressure is put on him. You get to him a couple times early and rattle him he isn't the same guy playing from in front and comfortable. Just like most QBs He isnt consistent enough or accurate enough to bring a team back with his arm if they are playing from behind. That will just not happen. Miller has proven he can do that.

That was evident last week against Furman when our offense put up 21 points against a very good Paladin defense. Without the 2 special teams scores in that game you guys are playing is South Carolina this week.

Positions I think you guys have advantages are QB, RB, OL DL, maybe your secondary but it could also be a wash. Griz have Fouch, Walker, Graves and Gradney You guys have Wisnewski, Jung, Price. Montana tackles better in secondary
    Montana has a slight advantage at LB, small fast and deep. They have guys like Lee, Hill, Flink, Janacaro and Wilson that tackle well and really IMO the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Hendricks

Special teams is basically a wash with the exception of Bergen as a return guy, maybe Bison have a slightly better kicker its all close.

I think talent and depth favor the Bison but that doesn't always equate to winning. It should be a good balanced game and if played clean (no turnovers) might come down to who has the ball last. If one team gets a couple turnovers and more possessions because of that, might be the difference. Your offense is better than ours and I think our defense is slightly better than yours with the exception of the DL. It's all close and all the teams left are good but these two seem to be peaking lately and SDSU isn't

Should be a good one
    Also, remember McDowell didn;t see action until the 5th game against ISU.... From there out, he wins every game so far... Can't say that for Miller.... McDowell is a momentum leader & does not quit.... If McDowell had those other 4 games under his belt, I don't think Miller would be much better in stats than McDowell, we shall see... GO GRIZ....

I'm hoping we can see Eli Mostaert be a game wrecker in this one. With the wide splits the Montana o-line employs he'll have more room to work (and maybe more 1-on-1 matchups) than he's used to and I think if they can get pressure right up the middle on McDowell they're going to make him very uncomfortable back there.