Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We need him at Montana
    DH is a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    My take - Offense is hitting on all cylinders and love to see the slants over the middle. Defense has stepped up and the main reason is the D line. They're playing with fire and it helps all of the defense, it takes pressure off the rest. LBackers stepped up and were flying around. I'm still worried about the safety's run support but getting better. Great effort and game.
    I have heard Kolpack and I think Izzo mention a couple times in the last few days the coaches stopped trying to turn the Dlinemen into something they aren't and focused on letting them be the players they are.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well the ass kicking and flawless execution totally makes sense now. Entz distracted by job at USC, Roehl and Petrino take the opportunity to go back to Bison football and bam, you have yourself a classic Bison ass kicking. Totally makes sense now!!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Well the ass kicking and flawless execution totally makes sense now. Entz distracted by job at USC, Roehl and Petrino take the opportunity to go back to Bison football and bam, you have yourself a classic Bison ass kicking. Totally makes sense now!!
    Lol doesn’t bode well for Missoula.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, that's another example of inconsistent enforcement of targeting. If Mathis was deemed to be "defenseless" that's textbox targeting since it was most definitely a defender launching and making "forcible contact to the head and neck". If they determined that he wasn't defenseless and was a runner at that point then I guess you could claim it wasn't targeting since the defender didn't really lead with the crown of his helmet (but it was close). I think the fact that Mathis absorbed the hit pretty well and wasn't injured made it an excuse for them to not call it - I'm also convinced that they were actually reviewing targeting and the official just mis-spoke during the explanation since there's no way that pass could've been deemed incomplete.

Back to targeting though the fact that the official makes two subjective rulings in cases like this - first whether the receiver is still defenseless or has become a runner and second, if the receiver is defenseless, whether it's "forcible" contact above the shoulders - makes the enforcement horribly inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Targeting. That is all.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Targeting. That is all.
    Yep.
    Great photography!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But they ruled it a catch!! Bahahaha
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I noticed on Saturday the Bison offense used, maybe for the first time all year, the "hurry up and run the exact same play" offense and, like it did pretty much every time they've tried it over the past few years, it led to little to no gain on the subsequent play. Maybe... just maybe one of these times they can do that and not run the exact same play but, instead, run play action out of it???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I noticed on Saturday the Bison offense used, maybe for the first time all year, the "hurry up and run the exact same play" offense and, like it did pretty much every time they've tried it over the past few years, it led to little to no gain on the subsequent play. Maybe... just maybe one of these times they can do that and not run the exact same play but, instead, run play action out of it???
    patience bro... it's a long setup.