Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    At the end of the game they showed the Bison players high-fiving fans with a few USD fans just sitting there in the middle of it all looking like they would rather be anywhere else.
    Props for still being there.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah they tried durum but it kept getting scab.
    Vom, home piece

Great team W in front of that "sold-out" crowd. Now for the interesting part....which is USD writing that check to the NCAA.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison2024 View Post
    Great team W in front of that "sold-out" crowd. Now for the interesting part....which is USD writing that check to the NCAA.

ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by Bison2024 View Post
    If someone actually bought all the tickets, but they didn't get used, how would that really hurt them besides the lack of concessions? They would have the money for the gate, no?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    If someone actually bought all the tickets, but they didn't get used, how would that really hurt them besides the lack of concessions? They would have the money for the gate, no?
    Then the alternative was suckering local boosters, business', and season ticket holders to buy them up. Probably told them they could flip them for profit but still 100's on secondary market that didn't get bought up. Those people got their ass handed to them and are even more pissed off with the loss on the field and the loss in the ole pocketbook. Easily lost 10-20k in concession sales to boot. Not a huge amount of money to most but to a small budget school like USD thats gotta hurt a little more.

I almost missed the beginning of the game. They showed coach Nielsen's pre game speech at the beginning of the broadcast and it almost put me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I almost missed the beginning of the game. They showed coach Nielsen's pre game speech at the beginning of the broadcast and it almost put me to sleep.
    We were saying the exact same thing, probably the least inspiring pregame speech I've ever heard from a coach pretty much set the day's tone for USD.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We played really well for the most part. Still some stuff to work on defensively like tackling but we played much faster and hit hard yesterday.

One question I have for the defensive experts on here (CAS) is that early in the game we did some really late blitzes that came from the second level that had no chance of doing anything. What are we doing in these situations as it seems like either really poor coaching or players not in the right position to start with. It happened twice on the first drive I noticed for sure.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fun X thread of run game clips from the game…

https://x.com/thelastfullback/status...9x2nhINMpOtW8A