Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 - 2024 College Basketball

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2023 - 2024 College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    In purple, right?
    They pulled people lost momentum and couldn't get it back.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    They pulled people lost momentum and couldn't get it back.
    That is not what happened. 4 starters (including Clark) played the entire 4th period and the 5th sat for a minute and a half. I watched the game and I checked the box score, I don’t know what you were doing but it doesn’t seem like it was either of those things.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    That is not what happened. 4 starters (including Clark) played the entire 4th period and the 5th sat for a minute and a half. I watched the game and I checked the box score, I don’t know what you were doing but it doesn’t seem like it was either of those things.
    Coach Bluder actually said prior to the game that the intention is to save the record for the home fans at Carver. Clark was clearly taking fewer shots in the 4th and it backfired. It took them out of sync and allowed the Huskers to get back into the game. When they needed Clark to have a hot hand...well we know how it ended. That said, Shelley & Markowski played a GREAT game! But if Iowa plays their normal scheme, Nebraska never claws their way back into that game.

Coach Bluder actually said prior to the game that the intention is to save the record for the home fans at Carver. Clark was clearly taking fewer shots in the 4th and it backfired. It took them out of sync and allowed the Huskers to get back into the game. When they needed Clark to have a hot hand...well we know how it ended. That said, Shelley & Markowski played a GREAT game! But if Iowa plays their normal scheme, Nebraska never claws their way back into that game.
    Clark took 25 shots in the game. 6 in the 4th quarter. If you listen to what the player has said she doesn’t care that much about the record, she didn’t want to waste a timeout on Thursday after she broke it. She wants to win and be with her teammates. She said the number she was most focused on earlier this week was 5. The number of regular season games let with her team. The Coach calls the time outs, nothing Clark can do about that. But the coach left her on the court the entire 4th quarter and she can’t make her stop shooting. She didn’t stop shooting. And she’s said nothing publicly to support the notion that she would do something like that.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    But the coach left her on the court the entire 4th quarter and she can’t make her stop shooting. She didn’t stop shooting. And she’s said nothing publicly to support the notion that she would do something like that.
    I didn't claim Clark said it, I said Bluder wanted her to break the record at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e24BLep3Dg

I didn't claim Clark said it, I said Bluder wanted her to break the record at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e24BLep3Dg
    And despite her saying it she played Clark the entire 4th quarter and she didn’t stop shooting. This notion that Iowa somehow stopped playing for whatever reason is simply not supported by the facts.

Bunnies getting pumped by Iowa State; 15-3 early. This may be the only time this season that I will watch an entire basketball game on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Bunnies getting pumped by Iowa State; 15-3 early. This may be the only time this season that I will watch an entire basketball game on tv.
    Cyclones dunking at will and putting on a clinic on how to play defense.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

The Summit sucked this year, not surprise at all to see SDSU get destroyed.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Summit sucked this year, not surprise at all to see SDSU get destroyed.
    how the Summit managed a 15 seed is unreal...don't see them climbing higher soon either the days of the 12 seed might be long gone, hopefully not. takes more than 2-3 schools to care
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant