Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU On Campus Stadium 2025

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU On Campus Stadium 20

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I thought a simple majority voted yes. Right?
    Half of you have brains. Need 60% intelligence I guess eh.

Lardsin must go!

... most likely every ND county outside of Imperial Cass will likely chip in.
    You said the quiet part out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    You said the quiet part out loud.
    Oops. I'm not from town. I didn't realize it was all that quiet. And it sure isn't new either. Back in the 70's when I did live there and while out hunting outstate we were always reticent to answer that first question when asking permission to hunt.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Oops. I'm not from town. I didn't realize it was all that quiet. And it sure isn't new either. Back in the 70's when I did live there and while out hunting outstate we were always reticent to answer that first question when asking permission to hunt.
    But but but posters here couldn't belive I would ask where the hunters are from eh?????

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    But but but posters here couldn't belive I would ask where the hunters are from eh?????
    Your land - your right.
    My problem, at the time, was that I just wasn't Imperial ENOUGH to afford a lease. Until I could. Which solved that issue. Now I just don't hunt anymore.

But, back to stadiums and such. It seems that, like me, you would have been more than willing to pay the extra 0.25% sales tax and 3% lodging tax for this stadium upgrade project. If the Fargodome crew starts up a GoFundMe for stadium upgrades and such are you willing to chip in? Can you get some neighbors in too?
    Don't believe everything you think.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean seriously you guys just voted no on spending my tax dollars on something I pretty much use every time I go to Fargo and the only reason I go to Fargo in the first place eh. Smart educated Fargo voters eh. They can't all have went to high school in West Fargo.
    LOL, yeah I can't understand why any Bison fan was opposed to this. Other than those that hate the idea of a convention center, or think voting no somehow meant a new 50k stadium gets built now instead. Pure stupidity.

The logistics on this just (in hindsight) weren't favorable:

- new tax
    - special election (not general ballot) <-- "motivated" folks show up one issue ballots
    - property tax statements come out day before

Put it on a general ballot next cycle (or when eligible) as "another box to check" and I bet it passes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    LOL, yeah I can't understand why any Bison fan was opposed to this. Other than those that hate the idea of a convention center, or think voting no somehow meant a new 50k stadium gets built now instead. Pure stupidity.
    This is why we can't have nice things.........

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean seriously you guys just voted no on spending my tax dollars on something I pretty much use every time I go to Fargo and the only reason I go to Fargo in the first place eh. Smart educated Fargo voters eh. They can't all have went to high school in West Fargo.
    It was something like 52% YES and 48 or 49% NO. Don't lump us all into the NO crowd. I consider Fargo fairly progressive. If they could somehow remove a part of the Red River and annex us into Moorhead, Fargo would fit into Minnesota quite swimmingly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    It was something like 52% YES and 48 or 49% NO. Don't lump us all into the NO crowd. I consider Fargo fairly progressive. If they could somehow remove a part of the Red River and annex us into Moorhead, Fargo would fit into Minnesota quite swimmingly.
    That's not such a far fetched idea once the FM diversion is completed.