Thread: NDSU On Campus Stadium 2025

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU On Campus Stadium 2025

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    PLAN B BABY!

NDSU On Campus Stadium 2025

BUILD A NEW ONE WEST OF SOFTBALL FIELDS

OR

Take the Existing NODAK INS IPF & Encircle Seats with the Existing Outside football field and build around it straight up, Nothing Fancy, just walls and concrete like Wyoming War Memorial
    Make it 38,000 Attendence.
    Open Air it like this stadium did in China with an overhang, we all stay WARM and KEEP WIND OUT
    Once we are FBS we don't play past Nov 24 anyways.

https://architizer.com/idea/3064279/

$250-$300 million Budget.
    Sanford $50 million
    Scheels $50 million

NDSU raises $150-$200 Million privately (hit up Bushel, Bobcat, Case IH, BNG, Seed companies, get creative)

NDSU owns the stadium and keeps all revenue!!!!!

Fargodome can convert itself into the worlds largest convention center.
    With that budget, i assume no luxury boxes, no real seating and play on dirt? I think your estimate is off at least double.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    With that budget, i assume no luxury boxes, no real seating and play on dirt? I think your estimate is off at least double.
    USF is building a 35,000 seat stadium with all the Bells and whistles for 350,000,000

50 million private donors.
    200 million loan
    100 million in sponsorship

GAmF2IpaQAA-cJR.jpg

With that said and with the ever increasing likelihood that the G5 will be demoted and will likely have some sort of playoffs, it makes sense to stick with a Dome. We obviously can't afford to build a new one but I refuse to believe that we can't put a new roof on the dome, add a 5000 seat upper deck to west side and a press box + suites to the east side for half the price of a whole new building. (500 mill vs 250 million)
    Last edited by AKBison; 12-06-2023 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    in chapo's world, anything is possible. Just have to start enough threads on bisonville, baby!!!
    fify .

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    USF is building a 35,000 seat stadium with all the Bells and whistles for 350,000,000

200 million loan

GAmF2IpaQAA-cJR.jpg

With that said and with the ever increasing likelihood that the G5 will be demoted and will likely have some sort of playoffs, it makes sense to stick with a Dome. We obviously can't afford to build a new one but I refuse to believe that we can't put a new roof on the dome, add a 5000 seat upper deck to west side and a press box + suites to the east side for half the price of a whole new building. (500 mill vs 250 million)
    This is realistic and put up those overhangs like I posted in post #1 to keep the wind out, heaters in the concourse and it'll be awesome!

38,000 seats. Upper deck seats go for $20 and the place would be packed and a party!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can we all agree though that Chapo's vision of NDSU sounds downright amazing? New buildings everywhere, Big XII banging down our door, not having to leave tailgating an hour early to get into the Dome for the pregame...
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FWIW, I have zero interest in watching football outside in ND after mid October.

Having a dome and then going back to not having one would take a real special inbreed of stupid.

Not happening due to FAA regulations. Would probably have to be west of I29.

Snapdragon (SDSU) or IG Field*.

*That's in Can-nah-dah so Chapo's never heard of it; but, it's his prototype of outdoor but shielded. Heard a pretty good back plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Snapdragon (SDSU) or IG Field*.

*That's in Can-nah-dah so Chapo's never heard of it; but, it's his prototype of outdoor but shielded. Heard a pretty good back plays there.
    For us folks south of Hallock, MN, who in the hell is that?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

200 million loan

GAmF2IpaQAA-cJR.jpg

USF design is a more traditional wide open stadium. Costs go WAY up once you start building roof structures like those in the el chapo proposal. That gets you more into the NorthWestern stadium pricing levels ... $800m for 28,500 capacity with bells and whistles.

Expansion of the dome like you noted may be more cost effective, if it's feasible to do that without a large amount of demo and rebuild.