Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The dome is not a pig so I disagree with that premise. But more improvements is better.

But I wouldn't be upset if a convention center went somewhere else like 13th Avenue. But I'm cool with it attached to the dome too
    It’s an old saying that my dad always used. Don’t take it too literal. I just don’t feel that the improvements to the dome as they were proposed did much for the facility. It’s like saying you’re going to remodel your house and all you do is wash the windows. I’m biased but I’d much rather watch football at our facility than any of the other indoor stadiums in the conference. I just think it’s time for a major upgrade and this project wasn’t it.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    It’s an old saying that my dad always used. Don’t take it too literal. I just don’t feel that the improvements to the dome as they were proposed did much for the facility. It’s like saying you’re going to remodel your house and all you do is wash the windows. I’m biased but I’d much rather watch football at our facility than any of the other indoor stadiums in the conference. I just think it’s time for a major upgrade and this project wasn’t it.
    I am always glad to hear differing points of view but I have spent an awful amount of time perusing the project (obsessive may be a better word),but I would not consider the proposed FARGODOME renovation anything but pretty impressive and in some aspects, approaching a major overhaul. I think what some people did not like was no additional stadium seating was proposed. I know all of us can go back and forth until the cows come home but sooner or later, some parts of the FARGODOME are going to have to be upgraded. No ands, ifs or buts.

I know many here (all of us here) love football but the FARGODOME is much more than football, much more so we have to look at the big picture! The big picture, and not just focus on FBS/football aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    The campaign must have done a weak job because it's a 3 story addition on the west side. It would have been tremendous IMO. But if we need more, than 1/4 cent will have to be 1/2 cent

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The campaign must have done a weak job because it's a 3 story addition on the west side. It would have been tremendous IMO. But if we need more, than 1/4 cent will have to be 1/2 cent
    Do more to the dome and get rid of the convention center. I'll vote yes.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We will never agree on an attached conference center but that basketball / concert arena idea is great idea. I say build something like the Pentagon in Sioux Falls.
    A first class events center would be a rocking addition to campus. Especially if it could be designed in a way that was truly multi purpose but still a first class venue whether it was hosting basketball or some other performance related function. It would definitely make the dome a better venue. Adding in a smaller convention type space that connects the two would allow for indoor tailgating/gatherings on game days/livesock space for larger rodeos, larger sportsman shows etc. The beauty of an events center is that it brings additional performances and opportunities to campus that students would potentially be interested in. In addition, most of those events would be nights and weekend driven keeping daytime campus traffic down. A public private partnership true convention center would still be needed to host Ag/accounting/ chiropractor/whatever shows at West Acres.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Do more to the dome and get rid of the convention center. I'll vote yes.
    You will probably have the opportunity in June to vote yes on the dome and no on the
    convention center. That's my gut feeling

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think they should do approval rating on this.

I would hope they would pick one OR the other - convention or Dome - and vote on that. If they place both on ballot and people are to pick just one, it will make it too confusing. Think I am kidding? I just ran into a friend who voted NO because she thought the lodging tax was going to be for everyone. You can't make this shit up.

My favorite letter to the editor in The Forum claimed the metal detectors were a waste of money because he's never seen them used. I guess he doesn't go to concerts, rodeos, football games, etc.
    It's OK to not be OK.

The real question is, how can Missoula, MT support a 25k outdoor stadium but we're still stuck in a 19k indoor barn? I used to sling coffee and hot chocolate in a sold out Dacotah Field as a kid, a modern 25-30k outdoor stadium in Fargo wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    The real question is, how can Missoula, MT support a 25k outdoor stadium but we're still stuck in a 19k indoor barn? I used to sling coffee and hot chocolate in a sold out Dacotah Field as a kid, a modern 25-30k outdoor stadium in Fargo wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    I think if Fargo were the hub of 5 valleys instead of a convenient rail stop on an ancient abyssal plain there wouldn’t be a roof on the football stadium here either.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie