Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

If residents of Fargo are so damned shortsighted that they can't get behind this, let's build the damned thing elsewhere!
    Oxbow?
    Work with the tribe & connect it to Dakota Magic?
    Open to any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    If residents of Fargo are so damned shortsighted that they can't get behind this, let's build the damned thing elsewhere!
    Oxbow?
    Work with the tribe & connect it to Dakota Magic?
    Open to any ideas?
    FB stadium needs to be on campus. Ask U of M about that.
    Don't believe everything you think.

I pimped it. Vote yes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBison View Post
    There are certainly many different ways to get it done. It’s a fan’s decision to help out in that it’s a big part of our life. If I was a Chargers fan and a resident of San Diego I probably would have a hard time voting no. I get it
    I personally was not a fan of using public money - mostly due to my bitterness toward the billionaire boys club that will not let me have a taste. Not logical. But they only use the building what, 10-12 days/yr? The city gets more use out of it and it is a massive improvement over the tired facility that it replaced. Turns out to be a win for Minneapolis/Minnesota in my estimation.
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    FB stadium needs to be on campus. Ask U of M about that.
    I agree that it should be, but if a community is so tight that it cannot fund an adequate facility other options must be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Oh Gabe. Good on you. Can't wait for this to be over. ANYways... I finally saw something on this on FB last night. I think this may be a tough one. The misinformation out there is so weird... not really cuz that's our country right now but... HOLY SHIT people are dumb!!!!

God speed to you Gabe.
    It's the Russians

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I agree that it should be, but if a community is so tight that it cannot fund an adequate facility other options must be considered.
    I understand but if this community does not pass a modest tax increase today for a great improvement on an existing building (the oft-quoted 25 cents/$100) where/what/how is going to be built here or elsewhere that will get people to build something else at a significantly higher tax? Fargo (on good days) is fairly progressive. On other days, oy vay... I guess we will find out which Fargo shows up today! (to steal a line from Bison football)

Sometimes I don't even know my own hometown. There are billboards up, yard signs, water bills had a reminder about the vote. Talk radio shows.

Critical thinking skills, logic, attention to detail, and caring about the community at large are being flushed down the toilet in modern society. *It's as if the "Me" generation had a baby. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Whats the alternative? Start over and build a 500 million dollar facility? Guess what then the sales tax would be higher, and for longer! The argument against this vote has no leg to stand on.
    Try 750 million

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Whats the alternative? Start over and build a 500 million dollar facility? Guess what then the sales tax would be higher, and for longer! The argument against this vote has no leg to stand on.
    But it does have a lawn to get off of!!!!!!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I pimped it. Vote yes
    Work your magic, Lakes. Get that vaunted Rolodex out and influence away!