Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I hope Kevin is well enough to get the post-election thread up later today.
    I don't know. He sounded a little woozy in that post last night.
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If this does not pass the "punishment" should be that HerdBot keeps that super long FARGODOME Reimagined page on his Bisonville page for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I would vote no on this. Putting a bandaid on the Fargodome is not going to do much
    Whats the alternative? Start over and build a 500 million dollar facility? Guess what then the sales tax would be higher, and for longer! The argument against this vote has no leg to stand on.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I am calling my friends/family to remind them that today is the day. I "think" all 17 of them have indicated a YES to me. I have done what I can do as a concerned citizen. My letter to editor got in, talking it up to my friends (without being overbearing or pushing). I am not holding my breath but am ready to soon go to my beloved FARGODOME to write out my vote.

HerdBot, very clever Election Day Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Whats the alternative? Start over and build a 500 million dollar facility? Guess what then the sales tax would be higher, and for longer! The argument against this vote has no leg to stand on.
    My argument is I refuse to vote myself a tax increase. With that said as a ND native and Bison fan I would probably vote yes on this. Now, this is a similar situation when the Chargers wanted a new taxpayer funded stadium stadium in San Diego. Similar in that the city would increase hotel stay tax. (But that’s San Diego)
    It failed because in this case there was an actual owner who many felt could pay for more of it himself. So he moved the team to LA.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Oh Gabe. Good on you. Can't wait for this to be over. ANYways... I finally saw something on this on FB last night. I think this may be a tough one. The misinformation out there is so weird... not really cuz that's our country right now but... HOLY SHIT people are dumb!!!!

God speed to you Gabe.
    The misinformation out there is rampant in some quarters. One friend said to me, "NDSU should pay to fix their own damn building!" When I pointed out that the City owns it but it is situated on University land he said, "then have the CITY pay for it." There are no words. I have read other on-line comments to paraphrase - "our property taxes are already high enough." Yesterday, I casually mentioned to a neighbor "well, the big voting day is tomorrow" and he said "what voting day?" Rapidly losing patience I said, "the FARGODOME vote! Do you get a WATER BILL?"

Good luck with your democratisizing today Fargonians, from your ghetto across the river.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBison View Post
    My argument is I refuse to vote myself a tax increase. With that said as a ND native and Bison fan I would probably vote yes on this. Now, this is a similar situation when the Chargers wanted a new taxpayer funded stadium stadium in San Diego. Similar in that the city would increase hotel stay tax. (But that’s San Diego)
    It failed because in this case there was an actual owner who many felt could pay for more of it himself. So he moved the team to LA.
    Here in MN we went the other way. We also have an owner who could well pick up the tab for a professional sports stadium. But we elected to ante up half. Allocated pull tab revenues to pay for it.Construction bonds have been retired.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/ne...-off-hook-yet/
    Don't believe everything you think.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I almost forgot about voting today! Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here in MN we went the other way. We also have an owner who could well pick up the tab for a professional sports stadium. But we elected to ante up half. Allocated pull tab revenues to pay for it.Construction bonds have been retired.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/ne...-off-hook-yet/
    There are certainly many different ways to get it done. It’s a fan’s decision to help out in that it’s a big part of our life. If I was a Chargers fan and a resident of San Diego I probably would have a hard time voting no. I get it
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton