Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

I think too many people associated NDSU with the Dome, thought the proposed upgrades were for NDSU only, that also was a hindering factor.

ok, posted too much..peace out BV!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Do you need that much access for a standalone conference center? It's not like it would draw 10k people. Now if you're talking a convention center or multi purpose arena I would agree.

Behind West Acres would certainly work. So would building it out by the new Fargo Parks Sports Center. They will be adding an interstate off ramp there too. Plenty of land if the park district wants to sell and they could share parking. Although the downside is it could reduce the number of outdoor fields. Right now it's kind of empty but they have a ton of land for hotels and retail. It could speed up and turn into a huge development with hotels on site

I'm starting to lean towards the original basketball/ hockey arena attached to the dome that can hold 10k+. It seems like that is a bigger need. Something similar to the Denny in Sioux Falls
    Putting it in the middle of nowhere by the Park Districts boondoggle is a really bad idea. It will generate less secondary business, there won't be any services for a decade or more.

Putting it near the airport, NDSU, with downtown and existing mass transit nearby makes the most sense. On the West Acres block would be second best, followed by Scheels Arena.

After the article about administrative bloat in the Parks department, I think we would do well to lay off everyone involved in that project. By the time all the infrastructure is built we'll be on the hook for ~150 million for a project that will generate virtually no revenue and millions in annual expenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Putting it in the middle of nowhere by the Park Districts boondoggle is a really bad idea. It will generate less secondary business, there won't be any services for a decade or more.

Putting it near the airport, NDSU, with downtown and existing mass transit nearby makes the most sense. On the West Acres block would be second best, followed by Scheels Arena.
    It's less than a mile from the 52nd Ave Walmart and 2 minutes from 45th St. It's a longer drive from the dome to Downtown

Believe me with the 390k SF Sports Center and a 100k sf Conference Center, every developer in town will want to build a hotel or 3 to the south of it. The only walkable area in Fargo is Downtown but you still need to drive there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Whatever HerdBot says on FARGODOME matters is always correct. It goes without saying that the DOME people need to read the room right, and get it right this time. If a second vote fails, bad news. Go bold and watch out for the naysayers on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Whatever HerdBot says on FARGODOME matters is always correct. It goes without saying that the DOME people need to read the room right, and get it right this time. If a second vote fails, bad news. Go bold and watch out for the naysayers on anything.
    A June 11th election during the primary could be disastrous without any major Bison sports going on to drive turnout and create excitement and unlike last time, they won't have 5 months to promote it

How many big Fargodome concerts by June 11th? Cody Johnson, Rib Fest and the Circus?

Do they realize advertising costs ten times as much during an election

I think Republicans are actually more likely to vote yes but you got Rick Becker, an uber fiscal conservate along the lines of Tony Gehrig as the leader in the primary for US House.

Are they prepared to run an actual campaign? Last time it was amateur

That means a commitment from the Chamber of Commerce to promote it. Mailers and emails from the NDSU Foundation and Teammakers? Yard signs. Getting NDSU Athletics to get the word out about the election without taking a stance? All the media, including Bison 1660, Bison Report, Kolpack and Izzo talking about it weekly? Ads at Scheels Arena during concerts.

All while getting a commitment from Teammakers equal to or better than November?

ND please don't have the FMCVB run ads and leave comments open. Try the "disable comments";feature

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

A June 11th election during the primary could be disastrous without any major Bison sports going on to drive turnout and create excitement and unlike last time, they won't have 5 months to promote it

How many big Fargodome concerts by June 11th? Cody Johnson, Rib Fest and the Circus?

Do they realize advertising costs ten times as much during an election

I think Republicans are actually more likely to vote yes but you got Rick Becker, an uber fiscal conservate along the lines of Tony Gehrig as the leader in the primary for US House.

Are they prepared to run an actual campaign? Last time it was amateur

That means a commitment from the Chamber of Commerce to promote it. Mailers and emails from the NDSU Foundation and Teammakers? Yard signs. Getting NDSU Athletics to get the word out about the election without taking a stance? All the media, including Bison 1660, Bison Report, Kolpack and Izzo talking about it weekly? Ads at Scheels Arena during concerts.

All while getting a commitment from Teammakers equal to or better than November?

ND please don't have the FMCVB run ads and leave comments open. Try the "disable comments";feature
    I did actually contact the Foundation/Alumni Association before the vote, but they were at some fundraiser out of state and "couldn't promise" any type of notification to members, publicizing the vote. I am going to McGovern Alumni Association soon for something and I will try to speak to John G. about this, asking him if he needs a reminder from me well before the vote. I have a more organic approach, "lone wolf" approaching to this campaign. I agree about the "disable comments" on CVB Facebook. I can see about the Chamber of Commerce. Maybe a letter directly to them. I am not well-known (or even known) amongst the athletic entities such as Teamakers and the media so if there are those boosters who could ask to try to put the issue in the forefront. Foundation is the only real entity where I know staff.

Thanks, HerdBot for keeping this in the forefront. I get a good perspective from your posts.

I did actually contact the Foundation/Alumni Association before the vote, but they were at some fundraiser out of state and "couldn't promise" any type of notification to members, publicizing the vote. I am going to McGovern Alumni Association soon for something and I will try to speak to John G. about this, asking him if he needs a reminder from me well before the vote. I have a more organic approach, "lone wolf" approaching to this campaign. I agree about the "disable comments" on CVB Facebook. I can see about the Chamber of Commerce. Maybe a letter directly to them. I am not well-known (or even known) amongst the athletic entities such as Teamakers and the media so if there are those boosters who could ask to try to put the issue in the forefront. Foundation is the only real entity where I know staff.

Thanks, HerdBot for keeping this in the forefront. I get a good perspective from your posts.
    Here's another story
    https://www.inforum.com/news/inforum...fargodome-vote

I just noticed something in the verbiage... it said "extending the sales tax" as opposed to a new tax. Is that a misprint or the extension of an existing sales tax, like they did in Grand Forks? That's a much easier sell IMO

Here's another story
    https://www.inforum.com/news/inforum...fargodome-vote

I just noticed something in the verbiage... it said "extending the sales tax" as opposed to a new tax. Is that a misprint or the extension of an existing sales tax, like they did in Grand Forks? That's a much easier sell IMO
    That needs an explanation/clarification BIG TIME. And many voters (human nature being human nature) will either overlook that verbiage (if it is true) or else discount it or find a way to negatively spin it.

I also need to get to the library (it was closed yesterday due to the "storm) and read up on this so I get my facts in line.

And Dana Mogk said on the WDAY news thing - "we are expecting to learn more when the Committee meets tomorrow." I assume that is the Dome Authority? Or it is a "Reimagined" type of committee? Maybe they have not gotten that far into a voting campaign, still putting out feelers from citizens. I will be interested in viewing that video.

Now I am pumped about this!

And Dana Mogk said on the WDAY news thing - "we are expecting to learn more when the Committee meets tomorrow." I assume that is the Dome Authority? Or it is a "Reimagined" type of committee? Maybe they have not gotten that far into a voting campaign, still putting out feelers from citizens. I will be interested in viewing that video.

Now I am pumped about this!
    I'm not aware of any other committee for something like this and the monthly Fargodome meeting is today from 330 to 5, which is much longer than a typical meeting

Edit. I found another story on it but it says extend and a meeting tonight

https://www.wdayradionow.com/news/lo...nsidered-again
    Last edited by HerdBot; 03-26-2024 at 10:15 PM.