Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nobody votes during a stand alone election. A general election they do. But 51% of Fargo still voted to expand the dome. Who goes to concerts? Younger people. All but 1 Democrat in the state legislature are from Fargo. A majority of the city commission is left leaning. Even 65% of Fargo voted to to puff the magic dragon, and that wasn't your grandma voting yes. Statistically if you go most places in Fargo, it's people in their 30s because that's the demographic. Look around. Grand Forks is slightly younger but it's because students make up a more signifigant % of the population. They are home to the only other Democrat
    What's the point in expanding the dome again? It sells out once a year? Not trying to be mean...trying to figure out what people were asking for money to do
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What's the point in expanding the dome again? It sells out once a year? Not trying to be mean...trying to figure out what people were asking for money to do
    I dont think it needs to be expanded. It needs an attached multi purpose events center funded with the lodging tax and scaled back dome upgrades funded with earnings on the 45 million dollar surplus. It can even share new restrooms with the addition and resources. I dont even think a hotel tax requires a vote and if it was a standalone vote, hotel tax passes easily. They can try to get 60% again but it needs a plan B and a sales tax and lodging tax need to be srparate
    Last edited by HerdBot; 03-02-2024 at 08:15 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We attended our first event (the Journey concert) at Alerus Center last night and it sure is nice having multiple ways to enter/leave the Fargodome parking lots in different directions instead of forcing everyone down one street.
    It's OK to not be OK.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We attended our first event (the Journey concert) at Alerus Center last night and it sure is nice having multiple ways to enter/leave the Fargodome parking lots in different directions instead of forcing everyone down one street.
    A friend of mine attended and said it was her worst concert experience ever all due to waits. Everything was a long wait. Parking, access, concessions, bathrooms, leaving. I guess he experience was different than yours.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A friend of mine attended and said it was her worst concert experience ever all due to waits. Everything was a long wait. Parking, access, concessions, bathrooms, leaving. I guess he experience was different than yours.

I think he was saying the Alerus sucks. It does. But they get shows, something we have struggled with this year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

We ended up visiting a friend and parked by her apartment in the big apartment complex just north of the stadium so we avoided the long line to get into the parking lot. Getting through security was easy with some other kind of scanner and I only noticed one person had to get rescanned in the traditional metal detector. As for concessions, all we did was buy some pop before the show and I thought the lines were shorter than the Fargodome concessions. I wonder if some people rarely attend big shows because there are lines for everything at just about every large arena/stadium.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nobody votes during a stand alone election. A general election they do. But 51% of Fargo still voted to expand the dome. Who goes to concerts? Younger people. All but 1 Democrat in the state legislature are from Fargo. A majority of the city commission is left leaning. Even 65% of Fargo voted to to puff the magic dragon, and that wasn't your grandma voting yes. Statistically if you go most places in Fargo, it's people in their 30s because that's the demographic. Look around. Grand Forks is slightly younger but it's because students make up a more signifigant % of the population. They are home to the only other Democrat
    Almost correct.

Dem. from Rolette.
    Dem. from Ft. Berthold Res.
    Dem. from Wahpeton.
    2 Dems are from Grand Forks.
    11 Dems are from Fargo.

And holy crap I knew the ND legislature was overwhelmingly Rep., but didn't realize the extent of it until I downloaded the spreadsheet that is available at https://ndlegis.gov/contact-my-legislators. Only 16 of the 141 members are Democrats.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Almost correct.

Dem. from Rolette.
    Dem. from Wahpeton.
    11 Dems are from Fargo.

And holy crap I knew the ND legislature was overwhelmingly Rep., but didn't realize the extent of it until I downloaded the spreadsheet that is available at https://ndlegis.gov/contact-my-legislators. Only 16 of the 141 members are Democrats.
    I was talking the Senate, which is 4. I think the 1 in Grand Forks isnt running again. House appears to be about the same

The Republicans are very different philosophically

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Almost correct.

Dem. from Rolette.
    Dem. from Wahpeton.
    11 Dems are from Fargo.

In the late 80s and early 90s, North Dakota had a democratic Governor, both senators and one US rep. I'm not sure if the make-up of the state legislature at the time. I believe they were all fairly moderate Democrats or "Farmers Union Democrats as my grandfather called them."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    First I'll say that I'm glad I'm not the guy trying to predict what the needs will be for the dome in the next 10, 20 and more years, or the needs of Fargo for that matter. But if the need for expansion is for the hopes and positioning of going FBS, spending that extra money doesn't seem like a great gamble. Even without FBS its going to take some real doing to get the dome sold out for every football game like it was 5 years ago.