Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Having a vote on this a day or two after 2024 property taxes come out probably wasn't the best thing for this project.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Our property tax bill went down 2.6% this year. It's not due to special assessments since those were all paid off a few years ago.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Not meaning to make it political, so not trying to get this thread locked with a dumb political debate, but the economy being what it is right now with inflation and rising costs on everything made the timing of this vote unfortunate. Despite the “25 cents for 100 bucks” stated many time; people see the words “raise taxes” and react. It is what it is. Definitely disappointed. Hopefully the dome will come up with a plan. It might not be as big or elaborate, but it is still needed.
    If I still lived in Fargo I wouldve probably voted no. How many more things do they expect the people to cover? Dome should spend some money for a few upgrades and maybe NDSU can add a little.

It failed. Good.

Red flag when the main leader of a “Vote Yes” group is the beverage supplier for the Fargodome. Gee, I wonder why they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It did but we need a plan B and we cant wait 20 years

First NDSU should do an RFP for the SE land and see if there are any takers. Would a hotel build a convention space and connect it to the dome? If NDSU leases the land, they won't pay any taxes

Could the dome get a low interest loan from the bank of North Dakota and leverage the 42 million dollar surplus?

Could they sell naming rights?

Could the Park District add something?

Could NDSU build something through fundraising?
    You want NDSU to use their land for a fucking hotel/convention center??? JFC stop already!

Didn't vote because I didn't feel strongly enough about it one way or the other. Kolpack whining about his pressbox this morning is kind of making me regret not voting no though.

It failed because the well has been poisoned for public infrastructure spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Didn't vote because I didn't feel strongly enough about it one way or the other. Kolpack whining about his pressbox this morning is kind of making me regret not voting no though.
    Yeah... That is kinda entitled whiny.

If you’re going to spend $130M, you need to show the average person how it benefits them. Most residents of Fargo probably don’t even want conventions or the rich to have luxury boxes in the fargodome. And certainly not on their dime.

I started out against it, was mildly for it at the end, but that’s the problem they had with marketing to the average voter.

If the city is going to be spending serious money on something, they need to get something serious out of the project.

The dome is the dome and putting in some bathrooms and boxes won’t change that. Best to start working on a serious Plan B that takes into account a future that likely has us at FBS, with renewed fan support and no December football. Talking 10 years down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    It failed. Good.

Red flag when the main leader of a “Vote Yes” group is the beverage supplier for the Fargodome. Gee, I wonder why they want it.
    Because they are naked capitalists?
    Don't believe everything you think.

It's cloudy here,you are full of shit.