Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People who like rap is a different crowd than country or metal
    I am inclined to agree with you there.

I saw the Defones at the Armory a few years ago and it blew my mind. GA floor tickets with bar. 2 mezanine levels with bars. Unreal. It's 65k SF on the floor and 110k SF with the mezanine space.

We could never match the stone and granite of the Armory but we could match the layout for inspiration. If were going to build something 90,000 SF, why not make it 100,000 SF and make 45,000 a convention center ballroom and make the other 55,000 SF a multi purpose concert / convention hall. Put the needed "breakout space on a 2nd level mezzanine. It would be the ultimate facility for concerts, theatre, conventions, conferences, etc. It would be a better venue for smaller shows than the dome, which is sort of sterile and be a destination. We need something that can replace the Civic or The Hub. We dont have an indoor facility for shows around 2000. Plenty outdoors. We have no good facilities under 4,000
    Fargodome is so cavernous, the list of acts that actually can perform there full size is really relatively small. On the other hand, Fargo has gotten a ton of shows we wouldn't have ever gotten by having the FD. I tend to agree that Fargo is enough of a draw in the region it could support another midsize venue.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Even though its a bit small, have to say the DakotaDome has been spiffed up and looks nice inside

https://x.com/SamHerderFCS/status/17...395674230?s=20

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Even though its a bit small, have to say the DakotaDome has been spiffed up and looks nice inside

https://x.com/SamHerderFCS/status/17...395674230?s=20
    super nice

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Fargodome is so cavernous, the list of acts that actually can perform there full size is really relatively small. On the other hand, Fargo has gotten a ton of shows we wouldn't have ever gotten by having the FD. I tend to agree that Fargo is enough of a draw in the region it could support another midsize venue.
    Agree. The dome will always get huge shows because it's much bigger than the Denny Sanford in Sioux Falls. But their 12k capacity is what most major tours draw. With modern amenities, it's a better venue. The Armory holds 8,500.

For the life of me I can't understand why Live Nation brings any shows to the Alerus Center. Capacity is smaller. Parking and access is awful. It's food and drink situation is as bad as anywhere. The acoustics may be the worst in the upper midwest with a tin roof. I went to GF for a concert and every hotel in town was booked and the show was under 5,000 people.

Fargo is 3 minutes from the airport. Along 2 major interstates. Has a larger population to draw from. Blows my mind

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Agree. The dome will always get huge shows because it's much bigger than the Denny Sanford in Sioux Falls. But their 12k capacity is what most major tours draw. With modern amenities, it's a better venue. The Armory holds 8,500.

For the life of me I can't understand why Live Nation brings any shows to the Alerus Center. Capacity is smaller. Parking and access is awful. It's food and drink situation is as bad as anywhere. The acoustics may be the worst in the upper midwest with a tin roof. I went to GF for a concert and every hotel in town was booked and the show was under 5,000 people.

Fargo is 3 minutes from the airport. Along 2 major interstates. Has a larger population to draw from. Blows my mind
    The Alerus Center should only be used for the reason it was initially built. Potato storage.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    The Alerus Center should only be used for the reason it was initially built. Potato storage.
    From the crowd shots I saw...

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fargodome management won't do a million dollar plus guarantee for the acts. Thus luke Coombs, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton go to GF where the management will. Alerus Center was on radio one day and explain this is why they are getting the newer big shows versus Fargodome.

You are correct. Fargo is so much better logistically, but management gets the lesser expensive shows. Pink (she might have been a million plus), but Shania was not.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder why FARGODOME won't do $1M guarantee and Alerus will. Conservative? Risk averse? I learn something new every day on Bisonville.
    Last edited by AlumniGreen; 12-10-2023 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Spelling snob.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I wonder why FARGODOME won't do $1M guarantee and Alerus will. Conservative? Risk averse? I learn something new every day on Bisonville.
    Well, the Fargodome makes money every year and the hilarious center does not.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie