Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Then you leave out roughly half of the households who rent in Fargo. Sure, some people renting pay their own water bills, but people living in apartment buildings don't get a water bill from the city even if their landlord does that new thing where they bill tenants for water based on number of occupants.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    So only give the link to people who have voted in one of the past 3 election cycles. Problem solved.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I got a survey from NDSU political science a few months ago about changing the Fargo form of government from commission to council. No ands, ifs or buts, I responded no, I like the current form. Now there is a letter to the editor from NDSU (I assume the same group that sent out the survey) about this, giving pros and cons of changing to council.

Rob was on Hot Mic with Dom Izzo to discuss future plans. Good stuff
    https://hotmicwithdomizzo.libsyn.com

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

After listening to Rob interview - he has not been to other big events at other venues to see how to the flow works from ticketing to concessions to restrooms. He was been to other arenas and walked them but he missed seeing the flow and congestion of big events. It is different walking an empty arena compared to full arena to witness the flow between areas.

I am going to try to invite him to tailgate and go to a game with our crew so he can see first hand the customer experience.

He mentioned something about additional connectivity with Version 5G but sure what he said exactly.

I listened to the Hot Mic podcast and couldn't tell if he observed what goes on at the other venues or not. Concerts at the Fargodome are the worst because the merch lines go past the beer lines forming a wall of people.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I listened to the Hot Mic podcast and couldn't tell if he observed what goes on at the other venues or not. Concerts at the Fargodome are the worst because the merch lines go past the beer lines forming a wall of people.
    Blues Festival at Newman Field is pretty damn good IMHO. Easy to buy a beer. Easy to buy overpriced, but good, food. Easy to buy merch and meet and greet the bands. Lots of seating including up in the stands in the shade during the heat of the day. Easy parking very close by.

They even let you buy all your stuff with actual CASH!! No need for any "Coupins"!

Don't believe everything you think.

This story is from Inforum

Voters in Fargo getting calls about another potential vote for Fargodome renovations and convention center

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/v...vention-center

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

good luck, missing out on conventions is happening, and big time, would a stand alone facility in SW Fargo solve it..nope, it would not be big enough to host the conventions they want that bring people.

Road Access to the dome is horse shit, maybe work on that, 12th and 19th are crap when you look at they are primary routes to ND and SD's Largest single use venue. Like Scheels arena stuck on limited access roads, Fargo is terrible at planning or building the roads/Infrastructure to support what is needed

all my opinion
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    good luck, missing out on conventions is happening, and big time, would a stand alone facility in SW Fargo solve it..nope, it would not be big enough to host the conventions they want that bring people.

Road Access to the dome is horse shit, maybe work on that, 12th and 19th are crap when you look at they are primary routes to ND and SD's Largest single use venue. Like Scheels arena stuck on limited access roads, Fargo is terrible at planning or building the roads/Infrastructure to support what is needed

all my opinion
    Do you need that much access for a standalone conference center? It's not like it would draw 10k people. Now if you're talking a convention center or multi purpose arena I would agree.

Behind West Acres would certainly work. So would building it out by the new Fargo Parks Sports Center. They will be adding an interstate off ramp there too. Plenty of land if the park district wants to sell and they could share parking. Although the downside is it could reduce the number of outdoor fields. Right now it's kind of empty but they have a ton of land for hotels and retail. It could speed up and turn into a huge development with hotels on site

I'm starting to lean towards the original basketball/ hockey arena attached to the dome that can hold 10k+. It seems like that is a bigger need. Something similar to the Denny in Sioux Falls

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Do you need that much access for a standalone conference center? It's not like it would draw 10k people. Now if you're talking a convention center or multi purpose arena I would agree.

Behind West Acres would certainly work. So would building it out by the new Fargo Parks Sports Center. They will be adding an interstate off ramp there too. Plenty of land if the park district wants to sell and they could share parking. Although the downside is it could reduce the number of outdoor fields. Right now it's kind of empty but they have a ton of land for hotels and retail. It could speed up and turn into a huge development with hotels on site

I'm starting to lean towards the original basketball/ hockey arena attached to the dome that can hold 10k+. It seems like that is a bigger need. Something similar to the Denny in Sioux Falls
    dude it has to be larger than they are proposing, one of the largest conferences SF is now getting is the National Pheaseant Fest, used to hang in Minneapolis, Omaha, Indianapolis ect...would be perfect in Fargo but we dont have room and that alone brings in 25 to 40,000 attendees..ive been to it, its great..

https://www.wlfw.org/wlfw-attends-na...0the%20weekend.

the hell with TED EX lest get farm and Hunting shows here, just dumb Fargo loses out to even Bismarck for conventions
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant