Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

I am honestly interested. I suppose it makes sense that the dome in entertainment and not infrastructure. Wondering what ay B is now. Afraid that it will be just the simple ones to make it ADA compliant and improving bathrooms, both important. I say scrap the convention center and try and do a much as you had planned for the existing building remodel.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I am honestly interested. I suppose it makes sense that the dome in entertainment and not infrastructure. Wondering what ay B is now. Afraid that it will be just the simple ones to make it ADA compliant and improving bathrooms, both important. I say scrap the convention center and try and do a much as you had planned for the existing building remodel.
    I am guessing, however, that, as you state, the DOME is not infrastructure.

What I plan to do is write a letter to Rob, with a copy to the Fargo-Moorhead Chamber of Commerce, the Fargo City Commission, FARGODOME Reimagined Committee, as well as CVB (Charley Johnson) and FARGODOME Authority with many ideas and suggestions of my own from a regular Fargoan vantage-point as to what might be some ideas to get the vote to 60% including, of course, limit the vote to just the DOME and leave the convention center out of it and save that for "another day" but perhaps make any convention center/event center/performing arts center a partnership project between City-of-Fargo and a private partnership.

I am a snail-mail girl myself and find that people are sometimes a tad bit startled to get an actual letter rather than email so it does pique their interest a bit more.

I know the City of Fargo plans to send out a survey to Fargoans about what they would like to have on the ballot (I assume FARGODOME renovation versus convention center) but that survey may not go to everyone plus it is computerized and probably just will be a summary. I like to send out chattier things than a survey and so encourage people to contact DOME people and maybe copy others as I am planning with your ideas. I see you are a Fargo guy. My experience is that entities such as the DOME, Mayor and others LOVE to get feedback from citizens.

As failed vote halts Fargodome plans, Grand Forks sales tax funds new project
    https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/a...ds-new-project

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Excel Energy Center wants a 300 million dollar upgrade. Looking at upgrading the Roy Wilkins too. The X is a decade newer than the Fargodome

https://www.inforum.com/news/minneso...ter-renovation

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Fargodome finished 2023 with a 600k surplus. That's with 2 less Bison playoff games. Huge concerts like Pink, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Shania Twain, Nickelback and Motley Crue/Def Leppard helped obviously

Butvthis years concert lineup is shit. Where are the shows? Last year 3 huge ones were announced in December. It's February

Where do you get the lineup? Where is the line-up listed on-line. Maybe it is an off-year for all venues for some reason. Is there a "concert lineup resource person" there? I plan to call if I know who to and see what the deal is.

Keep us updated on all things FARGODOME. Please.

.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Where do you get the lineup? Where is the line-up listed on-line. Maybe it is an off-year for all venues for some reason. Is there a "concert lineup resource person" there? I plan to call if I know who to and see what the deal is.

Keep us updated on all things FARGODOME. Please.

[/QUOTE]

Skip it. I found the calendar. Grim. I wonder what the deal is, and if other regional venues are having the same problems or if it is unique to the DOME and further if the "no" vote had anything to do with it.

Skip it. I found the calendar. Grim. I wonder what the deal is, and if other regional venues are having the same problems or if it is unique to the DOME and further if the "no" vote had anything to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like there are a few country artists in Grand Forks and Sioux Falls. The only act at those two cities I would want to see is Styx with Foreigner and they would probably be at Scheels Arena.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Skip it. I found the calendar. Grim. I wonder what the deal is, and if other regional venues are having the same problems or if it is unique to the DOME and further if the "no" vote had anything to do with it.
    Looks like there are a few country artists in Grand Forks and Sioux Falls. The only act at those two cities I would want to see is Styx with Foreigner and they would probably be at Scheels Arena.[/QUOTE]

But are you seeing MORE concert acts at GF and Sioux Falls?

One thing to keep in mind for both GF and Sioux Falls are those are "right sized" arenas for most shows. We have that advantage down here. However, we don't ever get the major, massive shows for the same reason. There are just not that many acts where the Fargodome is really practical. You want a more intimate setting. On the flip side, we have no chance of landing a show like Taylor Swift, buy you can in Fargo. There are only so many of those sized acts to go around.