Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    And even though all of us should know that a lodging tax is paid for by hotel patrons, I had read COMMENTS by some people (pre Dec 5th vote) that think the lodging tax is to be borne by citizens.
    FIFY...ten char

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HerdBot - you probably know this since you follow everything but I saw a headline in Forum about Jade trying to get a concert/event center on the western edge of downtown. Interesting.

HerdBot - you probably know this since you follow everything but I saw a headline in Forum about Jade trying to get a concert/event center on the western edge of downtown. Interesting.
    I saw it and it looks pretty exciting. It will fill a niche for outdoor shows for summer months but I have no idea what the capacity will be. I looked on Google Maps and it's much larger than the parking lot of Fargo Brewing. If I had to guess, Fargo Brewing probably holds around 1,000 to 1,500 depending on configuration.

This new spot would probably hold double, between 2-3k, depending on how many bleacher seats they get. Much cooler spot too with grass and bleachers

Drove by the vacant lot today and it is a total shithole. Embarrassing for the city. This would be a hell of an improvement and help draw more people to town. It doesn't solve conference space or an indoor facility, but it would be helpful

It needs to clear the planning commission and they meet on Tuesday. This is a simple to fill out form https://fargond.gov/contact-us?conta...ing-commission

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thanks. I think it is a good deal. My real reason for bringing this up was when the Dec 5th vote was set to occur, and a true convention center was on the ballot, there were a lot of people who said, "well, we already have a lot of convention center space." But as the Reimagined Committee pointed out numerous times, "yes, we have some good event spaces, quite a bit actually but what we are discussing in the ballot in a true convention center."

In any case, I will watch the Planning Commission video when it comes out and if I feel real energetic, maybe even attend it.

Thanks for all the information!

Has noise been a problem with home fairly close to the Fargo Brewing site? We used to live about 1/2 mile from a city park in Oregon that had free concerts once a week in the summer and they had to stop at 9:00 PM since there were homes and apartments bordering three sides of the park.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Has noise been a problem with home fairly close to the Fargo Brewing site? We used to live about 1/2 mile from a city park in Oregon that had free concerts once a week in the summer and they had to stop at 9:00 PM since there were homes and apartments bordering three sides of the park.
    I can hear most of the concerts at my house if the windows are open or I'm in the yard but by 9:30 ish they're done. I live about 10-12 blocks away and it's not loud enough top bother me. I don't know how it sounds to those houses that are within a couple blocks.

The Fargo Brewing Proposal passed 8-0. An interesting side note, Jade Nielson bought Angels Arena a block away and he said he wants to turn it into an events center and specifically cited The Venue at the Hub and the Civic leaving a hole in the entertainment world.

The Angels Hockey is moving to the Fargo Sports Center and sold him the building. Right now it's kind of a dive but the building had some ridiculously awesome potential. 1) Huge Space with nearly 40,000 SF. 2) giant wood ceiling for great acoustics

That would solve a major issue if he can get that done but he said it could be 2-3 years

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

HerdBot: Is the Angel Arena that unusual and maybe mystical looking building with TONS of vines? I think in the past it was kind of a maintenance bldg for City of Fargo. Always intrigued by it. If that is the correct building, it will take a while to fix up but if anyone can do something, it is him. Wonder about parking???

EDIT: Okay, I was thinking about wrong bldg. The one I was thinking about was closer to the new water tower on the east side of Univ. Drive

I did look up the Angel Arena. Uff-da. He can work his magic.

HerdBot: Is the Angel Arena that unusual and maybe mystical looking building with TONS of vines? I think in the past it was kind of a maintenance bldg for City of Fargo. Always intrigued by it. If that is the correct building, it will take a while to fix up but if anyone can do something, it is him. Wonder about parking???

EDIT: Okay, I was thinking about wrong bldg. The one I was thinking about was closer to the new water tower on the east side of Univ. Drive

I did look up the Angel Arena. Uff-da. He can work his magic.
    1401 5th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102

Outside is industrial looking and ugly but looking at this picture, if the building is gutted, the ceiling is beautiful. Awesome potential

24b6459a-36ee-48c9-9b51-de6a87b0c591 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    1401 5th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102

Outside is industrial looking and ugly but looking at this picture, if the building is gutted, the ceiling is beautiful. Awesome potential

24b6459a-36ee-48c9-9b51-de6a87b0c591 (1).jpg
    Isnt that the old civic center?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."