Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Isnt that the old civic center?
    No. This is west of University a free blocks south of campus.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    1401 5th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102

Outside is industrial looking and ugly but looking at this picture, if the building is gutted, the ceiling is beautiful. Awesome potential

Attachment 10503
    Stunning. He should be able to gussy up the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    1401 5th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102

Outside is industrial looking and ugly but looking at this picture, if the building is gutted, the ceiling is beautiful. Awesome potential

Attachment 10503
    And no parking anywhere near it. Unless he's going to buy out some of the other lots in the area.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    And no parking anywhere near it. Unless he's going to buy out some of the other lots in the area.
    That's what I was wondering, where are people supposed to park?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's what I was wondering, where are people supposed to park?
    There is enough parking within a few blocks. People are going to have to get used to walking, maximizing the convenience for parking cars is counter to every other goal, from quality of life to civic finances.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    There is enough parking within a few blocks. People are going to have to get used to walking, maximizing the convenience for parking cars is counter to every other goal, from quality of life to civic finances.
    There is a certain demographic that this philosophy will be a hard sell to.

HerdBot probably know more about this than I do, but I did watch the Planning Commission meeting and there is a good plan in place. Jade Nielsen is pretty accomplished and smart with events. He spoke and suddenly things made more sense to me. My understanding is that there are 450 designated spaces and he is buying some other lots or whatever close by but he did say something about shuttles. He does this at Bluestem and says it works well. I also thought there was something about spaces at Fargo Brewing. Concerns were raised about the railroad tracks. Otherwise, I agree with some other posters. People need to walk a few blocks. Obviously some cannot, needing canes and wheelchairs and so forth or other concerns but most of us could use some exercise. When parking lots have to consistently be built (at extraordinary cost) right next to a building and able-bodied people can't get off their fat asses and walk a block or two, it is sad. I just checked my pedometer for today and it is 14,500, 1/2 hour on treadmill and 1/2 hour exercise class THIS morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Pretty sure that's in the works

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Isnt that the old civic center?
    Used to be the old sunmart arena. There is hardly any parking anywhere near there as people have said. Kid had hockey practice there throughout the winter and finding spots was not fun.

Civic Center? You mean downtown Fargo next to the Downtown Fargo Library and City Hall. It is not used much and I think something should be done with it. I also would like to know about the vacant Mid-America Steel building. What about that HerdBot? It is owned by City of Fargo and was torn down 4 years ago and is vacant. What would be a good use for that large vacant lot?