Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Thanks a lot for the info. I am pumped. I will be digging around for the FARGODOME Authority meeting but do you know if this phone survey is random or how do they determine who to call?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Watched the Fargodome Authority meeting and they are doing a phone survey on the dome. What does it need? Why did you vote yes or no? What would you like to see?
    Are phone surveys even an accurate sample now? Mrs. Hammerhead and I typically don't answer the phone if the caller isn't in our contacts because we receive so many spam calls. If their list of phone numbers is only land lines, that eliminates lots of people. I'm afraid all they will end up doing is surveying old folks who will talk to anyone on the phone and they might tend to say they aren't for spending more money on the dome compared to young adults who to to concerts regularly.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Are phone surveys even an accurate sample now? Mrs. Hammerhead and I typically don't answer the phone if the caller isn't in our contacts because we receive so many spam calls. If their list of phone numbers is only land lines, that eliminates lots of people. I'm afraid all they will end up doing is surveying old folks who will talk to anyone on the phone and they might tend to say they aren't for spending more money on the dome compared to young adults who to to concerts regularly.
    No one does landline only polls anymore--everyone includes cell numbers The "not in our contacts" issue is a real one, though...

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1. We have a landline.
    2. We are old folks.
    3. I don't know about talking to just anyone on the phone though. LOL.

I am not offended, just getting a kick out of this.

I'm old I guess.
    I haven't had a land line since? Can't remember.
    If your contact info is not in my contacts list you better be prepared to leave a message.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. I am pumped. I will be digging around for the FARGODOME Authority meeting but do you know if this phone survey is random or how do they determine who to call?
    I dont think polling is done with only landlines anymore. With wireless phones and porting, nobody really knows if its a landline or wireless

The Authority Meeting is on the city of Fargo You Tube channel

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dont think polling is done with only landlines anymore. With wireless phones and porting, nobody really knows if its a landline or wireless

The Authority Meeting is on the city of Fargo You Tube channel
    How do they get the phone numbers? I thought cell phone numbers generally aren't in the phone book. With porting you don't know where the person using the phone number lives. For example, someone with a traditional Fargo prefix might now live in Bismarck and I still have a 503 area code number on my cell phone.
    It's OK to not be OK.

How do they get the phone numbers? I thought cell phone numbers generally aren't in the phone book. With porting you don't know where the person using the phone number lives. For example, someone with a traditional Fargo prefix might now live in Bismarck and I still have a 503 area code number on my cell phone.
    Random digit dialing is how it's typically done, but the area code issue can be a big one with cells...

100% chance I don't answer that call. If I do answer, on occasion, it would be a 100% hang up in 4 seconds.

I'd answer an email though.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    100% chance I don't answer that call. If I do answer, on occasion, it would be a 100% hang up in 4 seconds.
    You're missing an opportunity to mess with them.