Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Point of order: Assessed value.

It's only worth (value) what you can actually sell it for.

I've long been in favor of "say it, buy it" assessed values: If they assess at $X they have to buy it from you at that price within 60 days at your request. No questions. Assessed values would drop (but the tax rates would bump to compensate).
    If the valuation isn’t right contest it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    LOL. I think you know it was a piece of paper the same dimensions of the check and it was "attached" onto the check pack. Young people might actually think ripping a paper check will somehow alert the Smartphone and an audio voice will remind me I need new check blanks. Trust me, it is very, very old-school. BTW, had a nice chat with my teller today!
    I like going to the bank and talking to the tellers; they have some beautiful young ladies at my bank that are very friendly, cordial, and talkative.....screw that online crap....... I wanna look at some boobs !!!!!

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I like going to the bank and talking to the tellers; they have some beautiful young ladies at my bank that are very friendly, cordial, and talkative.....screw that online crap....... I wanna look at some boobs !!!!!
    LOL. Your bank has no dress code???

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Where is this bank? I don’t live in Fargo but figured I’d go and check it out the next time I’m in town. Sounds nice.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

LOL. Your bank has no dress code???
    Yes, I'm sure there's a dress code like all businesses have that deal with the public; I mean, the tellers aren't "freeing the nipple" or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The original fargodome vote didn’t get to 60%. They changed the rule from a simple majority after it was approved. So how are they ever going to get enough people to approve a replacement?
    Original Fargodome DID get 60%, actually

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I understand what you are saying to a degree but if the due date is 12 days henceforth and the bank employees or whomever they outsource their work to down in St. Louis, do not "get around" to processing my check for a few days, then I worry about missing the due date.

By the way, I am having some deju va. You are the poster who uses a lot of on-line and computer banking stuff so maybe it is easier for you to do all of this shrewd (in a good way) manipulation of your account. I get my bill in the mail, I check it off against my paper receipts, write the check, enter into ledger and mail via USPS.

If you do things your way, sounds like a good plan. You obviously are very smart with your money. My bankers have tried hard to get me to do some kind of on-line banking stuff but I am old school and do everything the same way people did decades ago.
    I strongly advise you to NOT mail checks.

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/check-washing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...l-fraud-theft/

There are endless examples of armed robberies of mail carriers/postal truck drivers if you do a Google search on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I strongly advise you to NOT mail checks.

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/check-washing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...l-fraud-theft/

There are endless examples of armed robberies of mail carriers/postal truck drivers if you do a Google search on it.
    Thank you, Patty. I recently heard about check washing and so the advice I received was to write checks out with a black felt tip pen so it could not be washed. I used to place my outgoing mail into the mail box which is on the street which was really dumb. The kind you put a red flag up on (rural areas have that too). Now, I only deposit at the secure slot at the grocery store which I do not see how anyone could get into. The postal man comes in the afternoon I believe, and I believe/hope it would be secure. Also I go downtown with super important stuff like bank stuff, legal stuff, and IRS business and place it in their slots which I hope is secure. As secure as any place can be. But it is good to hear this and maybe if there is a person on Bisonville who still writes checks besides me, it can help them.

Thank you, Patty. I recently heard about check washing and so the advice I received was to write checks out with a black felt tip pen so it could not be washed. I used to place my outgoing mail into the mail box which is on the street which was really dumb. The kind you put a red flag up on (rural areas have that too). Now, I only deposit at the secure slot at the grocery store which I do not see how anyone could get into. The postal man comes in the afternoon I believe, and I believe/hope it would be secure. Also I go downtown with super important stuff like bank stuff, legal stuff, and IRS business and place it in their slots which I hope is secure. As secure as any place can be. But it is good to hear this and maybe if there is a person on Bisonville who still writes checks besides me, it can help them.
    Just as an FYI..... your check travels by truck to where ever you are sending it. Truck drivers are being held up at gunpoint. Also, a large number of USPS employees and contractors have been arrested and convicted of stealing checks.

And yes, the probability of your particular check being stolen is low. But it is growing exponentially every day. And if your check is the one that is stolen, it can be catastrophic mess to clean up.

But you are certainly aware of the risks and think they are low for your personal situation, so who am I to recommend different.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Just as an FYI..... your check travels by truck to where ever you are sending it. Truck drivers are being held up at gunpoint. Also, a large number of USPS employees and contractors have been arrested and convicted of stealing checks.

And yes, the probability of your particular check being stolen is low. But it is growing exponentially every day. And if your check is the one that is stolen, it can be catastrophic mess to clean up.

But you are certainly aware of the risks and think they are low for your personal situation, so who am I to recommend different.
    I take your advice seriously. I did not know about the drivers being held up and will rethink. Thank you.