Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

Default Re: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

Is there anyone trying to get tickets today at 12? Not sure what they will have I believe student tickets are getting released but I can try and get someone if they are needed.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think beyond all this talk of litigation and the fairness of the situation, along with USD's continued efforts to keep more people out of the dome, sight has been lost on what actually matters.

The game and the players.

These PLAYERS have earned a spot in the national quarterfinals. That is a big freaking deal. And they deserve to play in the type of atmosphere that correlates with that achievement. The kids down at USD are the first team in program history to host a quarterfinal D1 playoff game. And they are met with this bullshit? They are met with a week long saga about ticket sales and an athletic department doing all that it can tamp down the energy in their stadium. Ask any real competitor if they would rather play in a half empty stadium or a packed house with a bunch of rowdy fans. All of them will say a packed house because you cant replicate that energy. You can't replace that with anything else.

Remember the semifinal game against Georgia Southern back in 2012? The roof of the dome just about blew off because of how loud it was. There have been moments over the run that have come close to that energy...but nothing has compared to that game.

The USD athletic department took that from these kids by handing out tickets and a lot of their fans have royally fucked that up by taking the free handouts just so that there wont be Bison fans in the stands. This is what happens when you are insecure about the status of your program, and I think it sends a strong message to the team that we dont think you can compete if there are too many Bison fans in the stands.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Here is another take as well

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...-playoff-game/
    Don't believe everything you think.

Just got housed on by stub hub. Don't feel good about it, but the Bison will take care of this short term anger I have on how USD has handled this situation. Heading to Verm with a trunk full of Green and Gold Lager and vodka and selzers to have some fun with Bison Nation in the tailgate!!!! Excited to tailgate with our amazing fanbase.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

It is a replay of 1985.

USD beat us in the regular season and then the Bison went down to the DakotaDome for a DII semi-final victory. The noise the Bison fans brought that day is something I still remember.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It is a replay of 1985.

USD beat us in the regular season and then the Bison went down to the DakotaDome for a DII semi-final victory. The noise the Bison fans brought that day is something I still remember.
    That game is still talked about often when we (some former players) get together. The noise on “The Pitch” play was incredible, as it was when Tyrone Braxton elevated for a pick that I still feel is one of the best I’ve ever witnessed.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by WonkyFan33 View Post
    Is there anyone trying to get tickets today at 12? Not sure what they will have I believe student tickets are getting released but I can try and get someone if they are needed.
    3rd party vendors still showing lots of seats. One can get 21 in a row and I see there as low as $45 with an average of $110-$80. Lots of seats and prices already dropping

USD dumped tickets via 3rd party .. (either them or howling pack members or a business that bought out the last 2500 tickets)

EVERYONE WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY TO BUY and THEY SHOULD ALL BE UNDER $50.

HOOOOOOOOOOLD HOOOOOOOOOOOOLD
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    3rd party vendors still showing lots of seats. One can get 21 in a row and I see there as low as $45 with an average of $110-$80. Lots of seats and prices already dropping
    I won't buy those second-hand tickets unless I NEED to. Give the USD fans or admin a big ol' middle finger for trying to manufacture a home game and keep out NDSU fans, by revoking tickets and price gouging.

The game is on ABC anyway!!! Saves me 8 hours of driving, most of which is I-29 in SD *me shutters*, gas money, mediocre stadium food, and annoying ticket office.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    When I looked this morning between Prairie Tickets, StubHub, and Seat Geek there were roughly 800 tickets available. However, I dont know how many are duplicate listings (I saw the same tickets offered on seat geek and stubhub).
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.