Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

Default Re: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

This might honestly be the one time I would be fine with our fans using streamers
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Just when I'm not strong enough to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This—>There may be more for USD ticket office/athletic department to worry about relative to the NCAA. I have an attorney friend (law school classmate of mine) who works for the NCAA. I gave him a call today to BS and get his thoughts on this USD ticket debacle. I told him about my experience (being forced to pay for tickets twice, etc. because of how terrible USD is handling/attempting to rectify their mistakes) and he brought up a major issue—>USD put in a bid for this game, but the payout to NCAA is 75% of gate (not sure on actual percentage he mentioned, maybe 80?), and gate means total amount for ticket sales received minus some expenses. He stated that the NCAA may look into a full audit of both this game and the Sac State game and if the numbers don’t add up USD will be fined and sanctioned AND the NCAA will likely conduct a full audit of USD’s athletic department.
    Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    I think it would be a laughing matter if the coyotes beat us and had to go to furman (assuming furman beat Montana)
    CAS, do you remember that attorney we had beers with in Frisco in 2013 and 2014 in the suite at the stadium? He is still outside counsel for Scott Bearby and that office. I contacted him and he stated it is an almost sure thing that if Furman and USD win, Furman will be hosting USD in the semifinal. No matter what, he also agreed with you in that this will result in an in-depth audit of USD's athletic department.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Sounds like they need to move this game to Fargo. Bigger stadium so more people can get tickets that they want. Go Bison!
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Sounds like they need to move this game to Fargo. Bigger stadium so more people can get tickets that they want. Go Bison!
    I wonder what the tone is in the Coyote fan forum. Not going to check myself, too tired, but maybe they are kind of deflated with the ticket fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Man feeling really good about this game. I think we get it done.
    I do too. Feels like we hit a different gear the last few weeks...and I think we beat a much better team last week. That USD loss felt like we let one get away from us that we should have had.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I joined the Howling pack because a perk is first choice of tickets. But to get tickets you give up the tax deduction.if you don’t want tics they’ll let you deduct it- you choose. But you apparently don’t need to be a donor to keep the tickets. Smells like fraud to me or at least a tax scheme
    I was a season ticket holder, still get all the marketing email like I was one, but I mysteriously no longer had an account when I tried to buy tickets.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This—>There may be more for USD ticket office/athletic department to worry about relative to the NCAA. I have an attorney friend (law school classmate of mine) who works for the NCAA. I gave him a call today to BS and get his thoughts on this USD ticket debacle. I told him about my experience (being forced to pay for tickets twice, etc. because of how terrible USD is handling/attempting to rectify their mistakes) and he brought up a major issue—>USD put in a bid for this game, but the payout to NCAA is 75% of gate (not sure on actual percentage he mentioned, maybe 80?), and gate means total amount for ticket sales received minus some expenses. He stated that the NCAA may look into a full audit of both this game and the Sac State game and if the numbers don’t add up USD will be fined and sanctioned AND the NCAA will likely conduct a full audit of USD’s athletic department.

According to the 2012 championship handbook, it was 75% of the estimated net receipts. At least it is if I'm reading it right. Here's the quote:

Site Selection
    With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
    1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
     First round – $30,000
     Second round – $30,000
     Quarterfinal – $40,000
     Semifinal – $50,000
    2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the play
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

VNL article about the ticket drama

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/...game-with-usd/

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Lol...thay stated "Right now, tickets are going for up to $224. Kickoff is set for Saturday at 1:30 PM at the Dakotadome."

They should have added and as low as $50 and you can still find as many as 21 open seats together.