Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Agree on Weerts. I don't care how many FBS offers and stars he had. IMO Kubitz is a far better option at MLB! Had a big solo TFL yesterday...actually think he had 4 or 5 solo tackles and didn't see the field near the time Weerts did.
    Shit - We’ve known Kubitz and Gulley are better options at LB than 47 and 20 all year…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

My biggest take away is this: we saw something in this team we haven’t seen for the last two years and something we saw in every other team for the 10 years previous. Resolve. This is the first time in two years the team didn’t wilt, they played harder, pushed for that extra yard, willed their way to the QB, etc at the end of the game.

To me that has been the biggest thing missing for awhile now and we saw some of it come back yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    My biggest take away is this: we saw something in this team we haven’t seen for the last two years and something we saw in every other team for the 10 years previous. Resolve. This is the first time in two years the team didn’t wilt, they played harder, pushed for that extra yard, willed their way to the QB, etc at the end of the game.

To me that has been the biggest thing missing for awhile now and we saw some of it come back yesterday.

I will agree that the drive in the 4th to tie it and the Defensive stop when they crossed the 50 is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen this team do all year.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

After repeated sacks and driving to tie the game, it just felt like they'd pull it off. Nice to see grit that's been missing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Yes, yes and yes to your post!! A winner needs that mentality and has disappeared the last few years. Gotta dig deep and will it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It seemed like our running backs (including QBs) were slow and/or tentative about where to go except for a couple of plays.
    Would those have been the plays where our QB was under center perhaps?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Translation: Montana State is/was better at tackling than NDSU.

If it saves you some rigorous film study, I think we all already knew that…
    Well, a bubble screen where nobody blocks? That's on us. When a Montana State defender is blocked into the ground, sticks out an arm, and trips up Cam - that's a nice, but lucky, effort.

Gotta like that a Bison team who so many, including me, had all but given up on, have somehow made it to the quarterfinals. They could have given up at any point after the SDSU loss, but they whipped UNI and SIU and won a game in a hostile environment. Winning on the road is pretty hard. Winning on the road in the playoffs when you're not seeded but the team you are playing is seeded is crazy hard.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I will agree that the drive in the 4th to tie it and the Defensive stop when they crossed the 50 is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen this team do all year.
    BUT that big stop at the end of the 3rd quarter was a huge tackle made by..... 47 same guy we're ripping. When 47 hits he doesn't give up as much after contact. 36 is a more consistent tracker with better range in pass coverage. 47 in early downs 36 more in passing situations and gotta get 11/20 off the field. U play lb there for the tackling giving up a bit in speed and coverage. But they aren't taking well enough to make that matter AND are a liability in coverage. Jung has to sit. He's at the peak of what his athletic ability can do. TE's are running away from him. Late filling in the run. Should have playing a younger guy there ALL YEAR so that they were ready for now.

I've been following the Bison since 1964 and this is easily the worst defensive team I saw in that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I've been following the Bison since 1964 and this is easily the worst defensive team I saw in that period of time.
    Yeah, but we’re still winning, and we’re not done winning.