Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That game was was amazing...loved seeing how into it the Bobcat fans were...great atmosphere. I have to admit, I gave up a couple times during the game. Especially when Chambers had that long run. Looking at the field position, I said to my wife it is 1st down...Bobcats can get even one more yard for us to have a chance. Two sacks later...

Roehl's play calling had me baffled at points...qb run for 0 yards on how many 1st downs. Cam was forced into how many 3rd and longs? Loved seeing TMac finally get a chance to shine. Love the stories that came out about the blocked XP.
    I won't name names or numbers. But the effort by some on our D on that play left a lot to be desired!! I can tolerate mental mistakes and missing plays giving maximum effort, but struggle mightily when maximum effort isn't given. For Pete's sake, its a quarterfinal playoff game and your season is on the line. Leave it all out there every single play!! As a fan, you don't owe me anything, but you do owe that to your coaches and teammates!!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I won't name names or numbers. But the effort by some on our D on that play left a lot to be desired!! I can tolerate mental mistakes and missing plays giving maximum effort, but struggle mightily when maximum effort isn't given. For Pete's sake, its a quarterfinal playoff game and your season is on the line. Leave it all out there every single play!! As a fan, you don't owe me anything, but you do owe that to your coaches and teammates!!
    I know what you are talking about. The only thing I can think of is that maybe somebody heard the whistle that called the play dead - which is still not much of an excuse.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was a big foul missed on the Bison OT TD. Other than Gully, does anyone know what it was?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There was a big foul missed on the Bison OT TD. Other than Gully, does anyone know what it was?

I thought I saw a hold. Looked like a lineman had an arm draped all the way across a defender's shoulders.

Was this the play where we were rushing to get the play off and 2 guys were in motion at the same time? I seem to remember a play where it was close to being a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Holding????
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Illegal motion? Brozio wasn't set long enough after his shift before Williams went in motion out of the backfield and they snapped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HillsboroBison View Post
    Was this the play where we were rushing to get the play off and 2 guys were in motion at the same time? I seem to remember a play where it was close to being a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beat me to it! Watched the replay and I think you're right that both Brozio and Williams were technically moving at the same time so I think they both would've needed to reset before the snap for it to be legal and Williams definitely didn't.

Illegal shift

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    1st, congrats on the win, NDSU is still a machine. I still think we outplayed you but our kicking game has been a problem all year. If we are going to continue with the QB run game I think we need 3 qb's to rotate, If we had won this game I don't think either would have been heathy to play significant time next week. 2 missed FG's and a shanked punt were our demise, and this kicker has been kicking pats low all year, not the first block either. I think your defense is a little better than you may think.

Your fans that were at the game were great, it was great environment. Good luck against USD and I'll be cheering for you against Missoula Community College.
    I really enjoyed the trip. Cats fans were great to talk to. Some heckling by random dude here or there but mostly had great conversations. Loved the atmosphere at the game. It reminds me of the passion we had several years ago.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    yep, I noticed that as well. I've also noticed a few plays this year where some of our secondary seems to be in pass coverage and chasing their receivers as the runner is 20+ yards downfield. I don't recall seeing that as much in the past. Maybe we're running more man and less zone so they're not looking back at the ball? Not sure.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!