Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    To this day I'm convinced that NDSU beats JMU in 2016 if Board had gotten the start over injured PGT
    That’s an interesting point/take that I feel is accurate. Board just brought more speed and tackling ability than injured (or not?) PGT.

One more D thought: when we run a twist with our DL, the primary “twister”, if not free to QB, should, with head of steam/momentum, immediately engage blocker how picks him up, as the blocker will be retreating and on heals. Quit waiting for anticipated contact and attack it. Way easier to shed a block when OL is on heals.

We did a bit of that on our last stop of CATS in regulation and against SIU at times and got sacks. Y, y don’t we do that consistently. Feels like Will M. Can get to QB/RB whenever he wants when using this technique/strategy.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Rewatch play and you’ll be better able to picture what I’m describing.

I also feel we are improperly defending the WR bubble screen. Defenders don’t need to run through blocker. Maintain LOS shed blocker once WR catches ball and tries to advance from 3-4 yard behind line of scrimmage. The way we are defending it, if 1st defender misses, there goes the WR. By maintaining LOS position, the WR wouldn’t be able to just take off down the field. There would have to be hesitation, which, again, allows time for other defenders in pursuit to help clean up that mess.
    Another example of my complaints with 11/20. If they can't run over through or around a a wr trying to block them on bubble screens may as well have a fuckung db on the field. With a LB they are expected to win that matchup and they aint

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Rewatch play and you’ll be better able to picture what I’m describing.

I also feel we are improperly defending the WR bubble screen. Defenders don’t need to run through blocker. Maintain LOS shed blocker once WR catches ball and tries to advance from 3-4 yard behind line of scrimmage. The way we are defending it, if 1st defender misses, there goes the WR. By maintaining LOS position, the WR wouldn’t be able to just take off down the field. There would have to be hesitation, which, again, allows time for other defenders in pursuit to help clean up that mess.
    There was a lot of bad defense on that play - all 4 of the other defenders on the right side of the defensive formation apparently thought a bubble screen was coming. Kopp was facing the sideline with his back to the ball as Mellott ran past the LOS. Sam Jung was sprinting up past the LOS to cover the RB (who had motioned out of the backfield) who was just standing there well after Mellott made it clear he was keeping the ball. Kava also over-pursued to the middle leaving a lot of space for Weerts to cover. Not sure if that was just a good play design where Montana St broke a tendency that they had shown on film or just bad defense.

Link to that play: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player...5b?t=01h49m26s

EDIT: Compare that with Tamerick William's 75 yards TD run a few seconds before that and it was just fantastic execution by the Bison o-line in handling the MSU run blitz and once Tamerick broke that line all he had to do was make the safety miss in a wide open field: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player...5b?t=01h46m04s

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Another example of my complaints with 11/20. If they can't run over through or around a a wr trying to block them on bubble screens may as well have a fuckung db on the field. With a LB they are expected to win that matchup and they aint
    There's a lot that NDSU isn't doing right on plays to the outside besides that too. Not fighting through blocks is way, way up there. And if our outside guy is pushed to the bench area and an off tackle run - that's not turning the play inside, that's just surrendering.

All three times the offense scored a TD to take the lead, the defense gave up TDs immediately (6, 3, and 1 play(s).) That's momentum and soul crushing, but the team showed a lot by weathering through that the first two times until special teams saved the day.

That said, I really liked Eli's King Kong Bundy moment, and Dylan Hendricks looked like an All-American out there - really, despite getting pushed back on a couple plays, the defensive line was showing some spark.

Passing game was pathetic. Cam was so hesitant and his passes had no zip on them

I don’t know why Roehl didn’t adjust and use more bubble screens or roll outs into the flat old ndsu style

We gonna need more this Saturday
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Super exciting game and I have some thoughts on our defense play. Our OSL were missing in action on some plays and safety play on run support was terrible. Coach Petrino needs to sit Jung and Wlodarczyk. They have been picked on all year and I would like to see some young players in there. On the OT one play touchdown by MSU there was NO ONE around the end and the running back could have run backwards into the endzone.
    Holy crap are those 2 tough to watch! Sideshow bob #20 cannot shed a block to save his life and #35 gets burned all the time... Neither of them wrap up to tackle. #18 looks lost out there as well.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    My biggest take away is this: we saw something in this team we haven’t seen for the last two years and something we saw in every other team for the 10 years previous. Resolve. This is the first time in two years the team didn’t wilt, they played harder, pushed for that extra yard, willed their way to the QB, etc at the end of the game.

To me that has been the biggest thing missing for awhile now and we saw some of it come back yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on! There were a few times during the game where I thought this is it... They are going to pack it in...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Holy crap are those 2 tough to watch! Sideshow bob #20 cannot shed a block to save his life and #35 gets burned all the time... Neither of them wrap up to tackle. #18 looks lost out there as well.
    No shit. Gotta be 2-3 other options. No??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Passing game was pathetic. Cam was so hesitant and his passes had no zip on them

I don’t know why Roehl didn’t adjust and use more bubble screens or roll outs into the flat old ndsu style

We gonna need more this Saturday
    We ran a bubble screen and it was pathetic. And if you watched Cam will the team to two scores in epic fashion and didn't get reminded of past great Bison QBs, then you need to find a new hat because wearing your ass as one makes you type stupid shit.

I was annoyed at all the horns down shit from the MSU fans during the game but immediately after the blocked PAT it made me smile thinking about all the dumbasses trying to jump on the anti-NDSU band wagon and having their hearts torn out again. LOL.

It was extra juicy to see the horns down clips after the game while the broadcaster were still slapping their gums and recapping the action.