Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I wonder if anyone has untapped MSU's kicker from the locker yet?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Anyone know who we are losing to the portal on Monday?
    The timing on this is pretty shitty.

But, it affects other teams too, possibly SDSU and others in the playoffs.
    Also, impacts FBS teams with their bowl games. At some point, I think they may adjust the portal dates.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Also, impacts FBS teams with their bowl games. At some point, I think they may adjust the portal dates.
    It will be hard to adjust dates because they coincide with getting enrolled for spring semester. I'm sure the ncaa view of the transfer portal is its benefit to the student/athlete, not the school. Unless it blows up the fbs playoffs, nothing will change.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Yeah I sure hope sdsu still has a team after tomorrow eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    This. And don’t they have to be enrolled at their new school this upcoming spring semester to be eligible to play at said school in fall of 2024?
    No - guys like Kobe Johnson, Courtney Eubanks, and Dom Jones didn't enter the portal until after the natty last year and still played for their new teams this season.

I realize it's a different sport but Grant Nelson didn't enter the portal until summer and was still able to play at Alabama in this fall semester.

Since we're having a portal discussion here, does anyone know if ALL of the various NIL offers to players in the portal see the light of day? Like scholarship offers do?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Since we're having a portal discussion here, does anyone know if ALL of the various NIL offers to players in the portal see the light of day? Like scholarship offers do?
    I doubt they will since NIL offers are supposed to be from private groups and individuals instead of coming from the institution.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Ankle sprain i think on a tackle don't think it had much effect chambers #10 has been a TD machine for them, although he has sort of been ineffective the past couple of weeks. Think the kicking game did them in. Make just one of those chip shot FG they probably end up winning IMO as then we'd been behind nearly the entire game.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Yes it did affect the game, Chambers has not been able to really play due to injury, as was seen yesterday, he has no lateral movement. A healthy Chambers scores on the break away. He couldn’t move sideways in the pocket. Once Tommy was done, they had nowhere to go.

The kicking game hurt the Cats at Idaho as well, but as bad as it was yesterday, #0 cost the Cats the game on the two long TD runs, they missed the starter there.

As a Cat fan, after the injuries we wouldn’t have been able to compete next week, better to see the Bison move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super exciting game and I have some thoughts on our defense play. Our OSL were missing in action on some plays and safety play on run support was terrible. Coach Petrino needs to sit Jung and Wlodarczyk. They have been picked on all year and I would like to see some young players in there. On the OT one play touchdown by MSU there was NO ONE around the end and the running back could have run backwards into the endzone.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Super exciting game and I have some thoughts on our defense play. Our OSL were missing in action on some plays and safety play on run support was terrible. Coach Petrino needs to sit Jung and Wlodarczyk. They have been picked on all year and I would like to see some young players in there. On the OT one play touchdown by MSU there was NO ONE around the end and the running back could have run backwards into the endzone.
    Based on my amateur eyes alot of LBs struggled yesterday. Benson didn't look very good when he was out there but I think at this point you have to play him over Wlodarczyk and let the young guy take his lumps because with more playing time I think he'd be better than Wlodarczyk (if he isn't already). Weerts struggled mightily as well - he's had plenty of noticeable missed tackles but that miss behind the LOS on Mellott's 66 yard TD run when he had a free shot at the ball carrier was the worst of the year. Really need to see some improvement in that LB group next year - I've just accepted that they're going to be a liability this year.