Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs Montana State (2nd Round)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs Montana State (2nd Round)

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I do also. Talking with the front desk can sometimes get you a better rate---discount than what the website offers.

I also get a better rate when I call the hotel in Fargo and book a room for all the home games during the summer at the same time. That saves me 40.00 a night.
    Can't say that I've tried lately but when I have a few times I get the response the rate is always the same as online. Can't imagine only when they are super slow that they'd even entertain letting clerk on the phone give a better rate than "advertised". But maybe it is just in the way I'm asking.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Can't say that I've tried lately but when I have a few times I get the response the rate is always the same as online. Can't imagine only when they are super slow that they'd even entertain letting clerk on the phone give a better rate than "advertised". But maybe it is just in the way I'm asking.

You can also ask for discounts for being a Vet, Senior Citizen and active duty or govt employee.

I have also been told that the online rate is cheaper which I found to be true with Choice hotels. Plus with choice hotels you can earn free nights so I stay with them most of the time.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You can also ask for discounts for being a Vet, Senior Citizen and active duty or govt employee.

I have also been told that the online rate is cheaper which I found to be true with Choice hotels. Plus with choice hotels you can earn free nights so I stay with them most of the time.
    Well so far I don't qualify for any of those. Got a good 15 or so years before senior status kicks in. [emoji3]

Now that choice owns most of the radisson properties usually be them I'll be looking at too.

If you have a friend or family member that works for choice they have fantastic discounted nights as well. My SIL used to work for them so we stayed strictly at choice hotels those 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Well so far I don't qualify for any of those. Got a good 15 or so years before senior status kicks in. [emoji3]

Now that choice owns most of the radisson properties usually be them I'll be looking at too.

If you have a friend or family member that works for choice they have fantastic discounted nights as well. My SIL used to work for them so we stayed strictly at choice hotels those 2-3 years.

Yep Ive used Friends and Family as well. They usually dont give you points if you use that discount.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Cam haters can leave now. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It wasnt pretty today but the kid is a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Cam haters can leave now. Thanks.
    Really? I can't believe I have to actually post this but...

C/ATT YDS AVG TD
    5/13 66 5.1 1

CAR YDS AVG TD
    15 15 1.0 1

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Really? I can't believe I have to actually post this but...

C/ATT YDS AVG TD
    5/13 66 5.1 1

CAR YDS AVG TD
    15 15 1.0 1
    Payton was ass too. The Herd got lucky today that good QB play was unnecessary
    College of Business Alumnus

Yep Ive used Friends and Family as well. They usually dont give you points if you use that discount.
    That is true as well.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When Cam is good, he is good. When he is off, he is off. We have a good collection of games where he just can't pass to save his life. Last year's playoffs were an example and now we saw it show its ugly head again. I hope he finds his groove.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    When Cam is good, he is good. When he is off, he is off. We have a good collection of games where he just can't pass to save his life. Last year's playoffs were an example and now we saw it show its ugly head again. I hope he finds his groove.
    I've been a Cam defender since day 1, but his off days are bad. He really sucked it up yesterday and did everything possible to gut out that win.

Roehl could do more to help Cam with play action, screens, and quick passes. However, Cam could also help himself by making some audibles at the line. When the box is loaded, he's got to be able to check out of the called play to something different. This is the area where we seem deficient from past years and that's on Cam and Roehl and maybe Hedberg. At this stage of his career, maybe it's too late to expect Cam to suddenly be better at reading defenses, changing plays, looking off a safety, etc.

I also noticed that the improvised QB scrambles were few and far between yesterday. It almost seemed like Cam was holding onto the ball too long because he had been told not to scramble. It seemed like he was thinking in the pocket too much. He's been so good at those scrambles this year, but yesterday seemed different.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013