Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today.......
    Good riddance. Half of them will end up in a worse situation. Enjoy going to a crap G5 or FCS program......maybe even D2. Possibly no more football, or never completing their education. Many of these kids are letting social media get to their heads and reality is totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pretty much to be expected... WHO hits the portal is the real question.
    Absolutely. I think it's also important to remember that kids who used to quietly leave the team and we would hear about it after a few weeks are now loudly proclaiming their portal entry 1) to save face 2) in the hopes that some school(even D2) out there might take a chance on them.

IMO it's not about the number of players that enter the portal because as stated above it's inflated. It is about having either current impact players or believed future impact players leave.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ok... good luck with that.

It's the attitude about not being adaptable to change that is beyond your control, not the age that is being poked at BTW.
    Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL. Rant done. Just had to put in my 2 cents (about all I am willing to give to selfish college athletes who think it's all about them individually). OK, now I will wait for the nasty texts, posts and PMs from the NIL worshippers and their holy man Jay Bartley.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So Entz and players meeting to discuss NIL in the middle of football playoffs. Shouldn't they be more focused on the upcoming game with USD? Doubt USD is focused on selfish NIL related matters getting ready for NDSU. My opinion is this is not good for college football and I will never support it. If it continues without drastic restrictions I will drop my Teammakers and season tickets and eventually not watch so called college football. Before posters here attack me you need to consider Bisonville doesn't represent but a small fraction of Bison fans. There are many fans that are tired of the NIL and Portal crap and there is a good chance all of this will lead to a significant drop in the number of college football fans. Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a couple years.
    The players I talked to last night came off as anything but selfish - wish you could've heard the few minutes that Cole Wisniewski talked or heard Entz talk about how tough these transfer decisions are for players. Whether any of us like it or not current NDSU players are being contacted by NIL agents of other schools - how many of us would turn away 6 figure offers (plus full rides) when we were college kids scraping by??? Collectively as fans/boosters we can bury our heads in the sand about it and watch elite players leave or we can adapt to the new landscape and allow our programs to continue to compete at the level we've grown accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I've got to believe we are going to be able to offer kids more than a few thousand although never as much as a drooling P5 of course. We just need to be able to offer ENOUGH in addition to the known culture and tradition as well as the family those players should already feel a part of. I hope.
    This was the message from coaches last night - we're not going to be able to give Grant Nelson the $600k he is allegedly getting from Alabama but a fraction of that could be enough to help retain some players who don't necessarily want to leave the team/coaches they developed with.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    . Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL
    SD, in your rage you’re failing to see that no one here likes this situation. It’s just that either we deal with it or we whine and complain and get left in the dust. You play the hand you’re dealt.

As far as the NCAA regulating it, it benefits the big schools and there is 0 chance the NCAA (who is run by the big schools) does anything to take that advantage away.

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The players I talked to last night came off as anything but selfish - wish you could've heard the few minutes that Cole Wisniewski talked or heard Entz talk about how tough these transfer decisions are for players. Whether any of us like it or not current NDSU players are being contacted by NIL agents of other schools - how many of us would turn away 6 figure offers (plus full rides) when we were college kids scraping by??? Collectively as fans/boosters we can bury our heads in the sand about it and watch elite players leave or we can adapt to the new landscape and allow our programs to continue to compete at the level we've grown accustomed to.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THiS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hate it but if you love Bison football, we need to compete in NIL. It's simple reality and I'm not willing to stop loving bison football.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    SD, in your rage you’re failing to see that no one here likes this situation. It’s just that either we deal with it or we whine and complain and get left in the dust. You play the hand you’re dealt.

As far as the NCAA regulating it, it benefits the big schools and there is 0 chance the NCAA (who is run by the big schools) does anything to take that advantage away.

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3
    Nailed it!

So SD... we've been punted a ball that rolled out at our 1 with the NCAA and NIL. Sucks but what are we going to do about it. Bitch and moan that our backs are against the wall, or plow forward, get to the 5, get the first down, and then drive the field and put this bitch in the endzone?

The only way the ball is going to move off our 1 is if we push it forward. Complaining moves it forward not one inch.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So can someone dumb this down for me? How does this work, exactly? Let's say a kid gets unofficially contacted by a big school that offers him $150k to transfer. Where does the NIL collective step in and try to convince him to stay? What does that process look like? Thanks!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

It really depends on the issue or topic. The NCAA isn't a separate entity that decides what is members must do. It's them collectively deciding what they want to do. And there are a lot more smaller schools than larger schools. But the smaller schools are handcuffed at times because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds it. 85% of NCAA revenue comes from 1 source...the men's basketball tournament. Does that do as well if becomes P6 only? It helps fund almost every other championship in every sport at all 3 divisions. If the P4/P5/P6 split away and they only include themselves in the tournament, is it a popular?

NIL and immediate transfers are something the NCAA membership tried to avoid probably because they knew it could become this free for all. Once the courts got involved they had no choice and couldn't get in front of it fast enough. And now it will be hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube. One approach could be to sit back and see what restrictions do get put back in place. If they somehow restrict NIL so it really is for something tangible rather than just playing at that school, then there is less of a concern for players at the G5 or FCS level getting poached from other schools. But there is a huge risk in doing nothing.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk