Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So Entz and players meeting to discuss NIL in the middle of football playoffs. Shouldn't they be more focused on the upcoming game with USD? Doubt USD is focused on selfish NIL related matters getting ready for NDSU. My opinion is this is not good for college football and I will never support it. If it continues without drastic restrictions I will drop my Teammakers and season tickets and eventually not watch so called college football. Before posters here attack me you need to consider Bisonville doesn't represent but a small fraction of Bison fans. There are many fans that are tired of the NIL and Portal crap and there is a good chance all of this will lead to a significant drop in the number of college football fans. Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a couple years.
    Can't wait for USD to have kids in the portal today because they don't have any NIL through USD.

LOL you crack me up. Yes, that is true. but a bunch of hours to talk about student athlete greed sponsored by the coaches is unnecessary at this time. Just like going out to party a bunch when you have yet to study for finals. Doubt the professors would encourage partying and join them.
    SD.... I get the "get of my lawn" arguing about this, but it is the sign of the times. NIL is here and NDSU can't put that genie back in the bottle. That we get on top of this is critical for the continued growth of the program in the new environment of college athletics. We can shake our hands at the sky but it won't accomplish anything. We need to take the challenge of NIL head on and turn it into another advantage for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Can't wait for USD to have kids in the portal today because they don't have any NIL through USD.
    This x 1,000. Part of this is NDSU competing against the P5 for our own players. Another part is keeping the P5 at bay enough that they reach out to kids at other FCS schools first.

If we can muster up a respectable NIL, which it looks like we/they are well in the process of, this will only serve to put us further ahead of FCS/G5 schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep, hate the loose transfer portal and NIL but this is the reality of the game now. I'm not sure I feel right donating to the NIL collective yet- I'd rather throw any extra to Teammakers first, but I'm probably just fooling myself (6 of 1, half dozen of another). That said, NDSU is very fortunate to have this cooking as it will be instrumental in keeping the Bison ahead of the competition. And, who knows, maybe this will help us get a leg up on our basketball peers as well.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

I wasn't referring to a few individuals. Referring to USD their AD, football coaches and players overall. Why can't this wait a couple weeks? Do you really think a few NDSU players are going to stick around for a few thousand dollars if they can get $100,000 elsewhere? NDSU is never going to compete with that. It's a losing battle if it's allowed to continue. Say hello to development football school either way.

Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today.......

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today.......
    Pretty much to be expected... WHO hits the portal is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    SD.... I get the "get of my lawn" arguing about this, but it is the sign of the times. NIL is here and NDSU can't put that genie back in the bottle. That we get on top of this is critical for the continued growth of the program in the new environment of college athletics. We can shake our hands at the sky but it won't accomplish anything. We need to take the challenge of NIL head on and turn it into another advantage for NDSU.
    GFY on the get off my lawn crap. Same for the boomer crap. That is the usual attack on anyone older.
    Refer to the other post I recently made. There is no end game for this that is any different. Throwing limited money into this at our level means we lose and become a development school for G5:and P5 programs regardless. But keep fooling yourself. Energy should instead be spent by all smaller schools to join efforts and stop the NIL foolishness.

I wasn't referring to a few individuals. Referring to USD their AD, football coaches and players overall. Why can't this wait a couple weeks? Do you really think a few NDSU players are going to stick around for a few thousand dollars if they can get $100,000 elsewhere? NDSU is never going to compete with that. It's a losing battle if it's allowed to continue. Say hello to development football school either way.
    I've got to believe we are going to be able to offer kids more than a few thousand although never as much as a drooling P5 of course. We just need to be able to offer ENOUGH in addition to the known culture and tradition as well as the family those players should already feel a part of. I hope.
    Don't believe everything you think.

GFY on the get off my lawn crap. Same for the boomer crap. That is the usual attack on anyone older.
    Refer to the other post I recently made. There is no end game for this that is any different. Throwing limited money into this at our level means we lose and become a development school for G5:and P5 programs regardless. But keep fooling yourself. Energy should instead be spent by all smaller schools to join efforts and stop the NIL foolishness.
    Ok... good luck with that.

It's the attitude about not being adaptable to change that is beyond your control, not the age that is being poked at BTW.