Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    So can someone dumb this down for me? How does this work, exactly? Let's say a kid gets unofficially contacted by a big school that offers him $150k to transfer. Where does the NIL collective step in and try to convince him to stay? What does that process look like? Thanks!
    Coaches reach out to collective and ask for money. You know keep the schools out of it just like the NCAA intended?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    LOL you crack me up. Yes, that is true. but a bunch of hours to talk about student athlete greed sponsored by the coaches is unnecessary at this time. Just like going out to party a bunch when you have yet to study for finals. Doubt the professors would encourage partying and join them.
    You didn’t drink with your profs? You missed out.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So Entz and players meeting to discuss NIL in the middle of football playoffs. Shouldn't they be more focused on the upcoming game with USD? Doubt USD is focused on selfish NIL related matters getting ready for NDSU. My opinion is this is not good for college football and I will never support it. If it continues without drastic restrictions I will drop my Teammakers and season tickets and eventually not watch so called college football. Before posters here attack me you need to consider Bisonville doesn't represent but a small fraction of Bison fans. There are many fans that are tired of the NIL and Portal crap and there is a good chance all of this will lead to a significant drop in the number of college football fans. Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a couple years.
    You can dislike it all you want. But it’s not going anywhere. So you either adapt or get left behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL. Rant done. Just had to put in my 2 cents (about all I am willing to give to selfish college athletes who think it's all about them individually). OK, now I will wait for the nasty texts, posts and PMs from the NIL worshippers and their holy man Jay Bartley.
    None if this is new. It’s just incrementally less shady. Face reality. Amateurism is a sham.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Where are all these players entering the portal? Or will it not come out until we're eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    According to the merchant, athletes earn 20%-30% of these sales.

https://campus.ink
    Don't believe everything you think.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Where are all these players entering the portal? Or will it not come out until we're eliminated?
    I was about to ask the same. When are any names released?

As fans, I have always understood that we can’t actively recruit athletes to NDSU, whether by talking to them or social media or whatever. The NIL is a way for fans to directly recruit athletes to NDSU by giving of our resources to an athlete ((through an organization). So we can now as fans recruit athletes to NDSU? Talk me through this. I need to understand this better.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    if they are smart, they'd keep it hush hush and wait until the 11th or 18th and see if NDSU is eliminated. but does Nebraska/Wisc/Iowa/Kansas State want to wait? I hate all of this so much.... its gonna ruin fcs for sure.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?