Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    What if I receive a financial benefit from the gift/donation/purchase? Is it ok for a business to benefit financially from this? Seems as though they do. Could Gate City Bank give money so more eyeballs see their marketing in the FFD?
    Seems like a business expense to me. Which is tax deductible.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Cliff Notes anyone? Or some video?
    Thanks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

It was awesome! On our way home…. Speakers were excellent. Coach Entz did a great job of explaining the portal & the $ involved. We adapt or die. Seven Fb players were there. Cole Wisniewski got up & spoke about the realities. Some Fb Players have offers of $200k & they would/may stay if the collective could assist with a small fraction of that amt. as you know, some of these football players are married, and have families. Let’s just say it was wonderful having the football players in attendance. What a humble group of young men. Tim Miles spoke, and he was entertaining as well as very informative. He made comments such as, we lose many starters to the portal…. and fans continue to expect to win a national championship. Once again, he said, you adapt, or die. I would highly encourage everyone to read the information on the website, and if you would attend one of the next meetings… You would enjoy and better understand the situation. Voice texting on the way home.
    PS. Five minutes before Mr. Burgundy started talking… The Bozeman blocker came into the room!!!

Was there any discussion on how much money has been raised so far? Are they attempting to meet the players requests? I'm assuming Wisniewski is one with a big offer and he is married. The players have time since it doesn't close until 1/2/2024, would they still leave tomorrow?

What did the QB's say if they spoke?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    It was awesome! On our way home…. Speakers were excellent. Coach Entz did a great job of explaining the portal & the $ involved. We adapt or die. Seven Fb players were there. Cole Wisniewski got up & spoke about the realities. Some Fb Players have offers of $200k & they would/may stay if the collective could assist with a small fraction of that amt. as you know, some of these football players are married, and have families. Let’s just say it was wonderful having the football players in attendance. What a humble group of young men. Tim Miles spoke, and he was entertaining as well as very informative. He made comments such as, we lose many starters to the portal…. and fans continue to expect to win a national championship. Once again, he said, you adapt, or die. I would highly encourage everyone to read the information on the website, and if you would attend one of the next meetings… You would enjoy and better understand the situation. Voice texting on the way home.
    PS. Five minutes before Mr. Burgundy started talking… The Bozeman blocker came into the room!!!
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Seems like a business expense to me. Which is tax deductible.
    Good grief, more tax avoidance by the wealthy. Next the team will be only donor offspring.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Everything Bisonfanette said. Great event, great speakers, and would reiterate to read the info on the website, reach out to Jay or Curt. Loudest applause of the night was when Hunter walked in. Great stuff. NIL is here and it’s not going away.

It sounds like CW is not interested in leaving the Bison. He loves it here. But this is a perfect example of why the collective is so important. He spoke about his Christian values and he’s just a wonderful human.
    They did not mention how many dollars have been raised so far. They did mention that approximately 60 new members have joined in the last couple days.

It was a great event - seeing the more personal side of the players and the coaches was really fun. You could tell this is something both Entz and Richman were very passionate about and Miles was classic Miles and it was a blast to listen to - don't care who employs him he'll always be a Bison in my book.

If you're on the fence about this get out to one of these events and listen to the players and coaches speak on it - you might have your eyes opened. As Miles said the mantra at NDSU is "Bring on the competition" and our competition is doing this so it's on us as fans/boosters to do our part to compete and give our coaches the resources they need to retain the talent on their rosters.

Both quarterbacks went out of their way to visit - extremely personable! They spoke with fans on a one-to-one basis - quality individuals! I just can’t stress how wonderful this was. More than happy to take others into the next meeting if you’d like… or, if you choose to get on board and make a donation, be sure to attend the next meeting! Just think of the monthly impact, if we could get a couple hundred bisonvillers to make donations of $25-$100 a month! Heck, even $10 a month is an option! One donor who is 97 years old attended this meeting. Some of you probably know who that was. I just thought it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was a great event - seeing the more personal side of the players and the coaches was really fun. You could tell this is something both Entz and Richman were very passionate about and Miles was classic Miles and it was a blast to listen to - don't care who employs him he'll always be a Bison in my book.

If you're on the fence about this get out to one of these events and listen to the players and coaches speak on it - you might have your eyes opened. As Miles said the mantra at NDSU is "Bring on the competition" and our competition is doing this so it's on us as fans/boosters to do our part to compete and give our coaches the resources they need to retain the talent on their rosters.
    So, did Cam look banged up?
    Don't believe everything you think.