Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Indoctrinating?
    Encouraging free thought?
    This is a Fox News, newsmax catch phrase.
    Oh God bless your little heart!
    Let's not do this here please.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Salary obscurity is how employers keep control over employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about us who do not (or did not) want my co-workers to know what we make for a salary? There is enough lack of privacy in the world today. Until HIPAA was established, some unethical medical workers might gossip about patients for example.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    How about us who do not (or did not) want my co-workers to know what we make for a salary? There is enough lack of privacy in the world today. Until HIPAA was established, some unethical medical workers might gossip about patients for example.
    This is a boomer thing that always made me laugh. My dad was the same way. “You never talk about your salary or who you voted for.” Which the latter half made sense but obviously didn’t survive the 24 hour news cycle.

Yet the church he grew up in was still publishing individual donors amounts from the prior week on the back of the weekly pamphlet into the 1990’s so you could kind of reverse engineer it lol
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

How do you quickly level the playing field in a marketplace for all participants? Increase the transparency and amount of information available to ALL participants.

Now, as it relates to our G&G collective I am not in favor of leveling the playing field in this way since what we have right now is basically unfettered capitalism. It would be bad for us as others have already pointed out.

OTOH, for the last number of decades employers have held the upper hand over labor in part due to their command of the information space. This is NOT good for labor and a change in this practice could help to return some power to them.
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    This is a boomer thing that always made me laugh. My dad was the same way. “You never talk about your salary or who you voted for.” Which the latter half made sense but obviously didn’t survive the 24 hour news cycle.

Yet the church he grew up in was still publishing individual donors amounts from the prior week on the back of the weekly pamphlet into the 1990’s so you could kind of reverse engineer it lol
    There are few hypocrites worse than a Boomer, yea, right. Sort of like the millennials and Tik-Tok generation which advocates for sustainability and earth-friendly stuff as they are preparing their single-use Keurig coffee. All of us are hypocrites in some manner.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    How do you quickly level the playing field in a marketplace for all participants? Increase the transparency and amount of information available to ALL participants.

Now, as it relates to our G&G collective I am not in favor of leveling the playing field in this way since what we have right now is basically unfettered capitalism. It would be bad for us as others have already pointed out.

OTOH, for the last number of decades employers have held the upper hand over labor in part due to their command of the information space. This is NOT good for labor and a change in this practice could help to return some power to them.
    We should discuss our different views on this in a different thread as not to further derail this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Excuse me, but how can you compare tithing to your church to revealing your yearly income........bit of a stretch....jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    We should discuss our different views on this in a different thread as not to further derail this one.
    I do not recognize you as the thread police. If you want to discuss something somewhere else…. buh bye.

Meantime, my post was directly related to the thread title.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    The company is not disclosing everyone's pay. Individual employees are disclosing their pay to others. An employee is under no obligation to share their compensation with others. However, it is illegal for an employer to prevent an employee from sharing their compensation.

This had become a significant effort to lower pay discrepancies between genders and minorities.

The world has changed greatly in the last 10 years whether you like it or agree with it. But at the end of the day, it's up to the employee as to whether they want to share or not.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Excuse me, but how can you compare tithing to your church to revealing your yearly income........bit of a stretch....jmo.
    Because “tithe” stands for “ten percent” and a lot of people take that passage from the OT very literally so they always tithe 10% of their income because god is watching.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery