Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Yes that is true.
    Makes me wonder if it was a significant sum the NIL committed to Cole if that is the "big news." I guess I was thinking it would be a list of players who signed, or maybe a major donation they wanted to announce.

BTW, saw this in some other posts......Jay has been clear this is NOT set up and a non-profit. That was a mistake other collectives made.

I have no idea why I cannot reply. Tried a bunch of times. Yes, we are keeping Cole and Grey Zabel as Bison! Great news.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

It's happening!

I am dying a slow death on the computer today. I will try again.

Currently, we are not taking home any pay. I would guess that will change. Our goal from the start was to have expenses under 10%. THe national average for a collective is 24-34%. We take pride in that. We want the money to go to the student athletes. Some of our expenses are one time expenses, like the website. Some will be annual like software, contract with NDSU, etc. Couldn't do it without the help of our amazing fan base. Bison Nation has REALLY stepped up. Working on a get together in January. Stay tuned. Crazy busy but I try to answer any questions that donors may have. sorry for my rushed answer. I hope that helps.

Thank you all for your consistent positive energy. It has really been fun. Amazing day!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Currently, we are not taking home any pay. I would guess that will change. Our goal from the start was to have expenses under 10%. THe national average for a collective is 24-34%. We take pride in that. We want the money to go to the student athletes. Some of our expenses are one time expenses, like the website. Some will be annual like software, contract with NDSU, etc. Couldn't do it without the help of our amazing fan base. Bison Nation has REALLY stepped up. Working on a get together in January. Stay tuned. Crazy busy but I try to answer any questions that donors may have. sorry for my rushed answer. I hope that helps.

Thank you all for your consistent positive energy. It has really been fun. Amazing day!
    Thanks for the update. Go get ‘em Jay!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Currently, we are not taking home any pay. I would guess that will change. Our goal from the start was to have expenses under 10%. THe national average for a collective is 24-34%. We take pride in that. We want the money to go to the student athletes.
    Great answers! Thank you for this post!

Might I suggest a 'Green & Gold' merchandise store? Is there anywhere to buy G&G merch?
    Last edited by NI4NI; 12-29-2023 at 09:59 PM.

I have no idea why I cannot reply. Tried a bunch of times. Yes, we are keeping Cole and Grey Zabel as Bison! Great news.

It's working and it's only in it's infancy stages. Unreal start!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grey Zabel just posted on X that he will return next season

533 In a row

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Here is a dream scenerio

We typically have 120 players on the football roster. 63 scholarships, not everyone is a full ride so some are partial scholarships (1/4 to 1/2 to 3/4)

Average scholarship cost is complicated but lets use 10k base tuition for simplicity sake.
    57 additional scholarships x $10,000 = $570,000 (does not include room, board, books, etc)

Of course that's not taking care of the existing 63 scholarships, so give them $10,000 each
    63 x $10,000 = $630,000

Combined is 1.2 million per year for 57 additional scholarships + $10k for the existing 63

Players who are already getting a full ride + room/board/books + full cost of attendance get an extra $10,000. You have to remember college players can't work much because they are going to school full time and football is basically a full time job

Boom.

Then you have the star players. We will never be able to match P5 offers but we can set up endorsement deals to earn them real money. Obviously a star QB like an Easton Stick, or a stud player like Christian Watson, Marcus Williams, Jabril Cox, or John Crockett will be in higher demand and potentially earn legit money, depending on what a business will pay

So the base collective will truly be "collective" and the stars will be "free market."

That's ideal

You could also pay room/board/books for walk ons, but limit it to preferred walk ons and do 29 full rides instead of 57 tuition only
    I have really struggled with NIL but would absolutely sign up for something like this with G&G. Helping offset tuition and living expenses for partials and walk on's makes a ton of sense. Does anyone know if the collective is set up to do that?

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Being greedy here, but is there any word on the 2 QBs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...