Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if they are smart, they'd keep it hush hush and wait until the 11th or 18th and see if NDSU is eliminated. but does Nebraska/Wisc/Iowa/Kansas State want to wait? I hate all of this so much.... its gonna ruin fcs for sure.
    Where did you hear this list of schools ? Seeing what sticks?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I was about to ask the same. When are any names released?
    I have not found a link to the NCAA DB directly. It looks like they are monetizing it. Go figure. You can track in at least a couple of places:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...47sports/live/

This one appears to suck IMHO: https://www.si.com/fannation/college...4-live-updates

still looking...
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I have not found a link to the NCAA DB directly. It looks like they are monetizing it. Go figure. You can track in at least a couple of places:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...47sports/live/

This one appears to suck IMHO: https://www.si.com/fannation/college...4-live-updates

still looking...
    https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

This is a good website for FBS unfortunately I can not find one that includes FCS with this much information.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

It will be interesting to see who leaves like benchwarmers looking for more playing time or starters looking for an NIL deal. Hypothetically speaking, if QB1 and QB2 both hit the portal, does the policy change to let them stay on the team through the playoffs or forge ahead with QB3?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It will be interesting to see who leaves like benchwarmers looking for more playing time or starters looking for an NIL deal. Hypothetically speaking, if QB1 and QB2 both hit the portal, does the policy change to let them stay on the team through the playoffs or forge ahead with QB3?
    QB3 please

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Everything Bisonfanette said. Great event, great speakers, and would reiterate to read the info on the website, reach out to Jay or Curt. Loudest applause of the night was when Hunter walked in. Great stuff. NIL is here and it’s not going away.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    It sounds like CW is not interested in leaving the Bison. He loves it here. But this is a perfect example of why the collective is so important. He spoke about his Christian values and he’s just a wonderful human.
    They did not mention how many dollars have been raised so far. They did mention that approximately 60 new members have joined in the last couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was a great event - seeing the more personal side of the players and the coaches was really fun. You could tell this is something both Entz and Richman were very passionate about and Miles was classic Miles and it was a blast to listen to - don't care who employs him he'll always be a Bison in my book.

If you're on the fence about this get out to one of these events and listen to the players and coaches speak on it - you might have your eyes opened. As Miles said the mantra at NDSU is "Bring on the competition" and our competition is doing this so it's on us as fans/boosters to do our part to compete and give our coaches the resources they need to retain the talent on their rosters.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    SD, in your rage you’re failing to see that no one here likes this situation. It’s just that either we deal with it or we whine and complain and get left in the dust. You play the hand you’re dealt.

As far as the NCAA regulating it, it benefits the big schools and there is 0 chance the NCAA (who is run by the big schools) does anything to take that advantage away.

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3
    Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Nailed it!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    According to the merchant, athletes earn 20%-30% of these sales.

https://campus.ink
    also, as this came up this morning.....the Green and the Gold collective has nothing to do with that website or those shirts. Just clarifying! Thank you
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    also, as this came up this morning.....the Green and the Gold collective has nothing to do with that website or those shirts. Just clarifying! Thank you
    Yep, knew that but also knew the athletes get at least some portion of the sales.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also, whats it for us to start poaching kids from other FCS schools now that we have NIL? I don't think that has been talked about. I mean I think that the main reason for the NIL is to keep our own.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good article from McFeely about last nights meeting in the Forum. Sounds like there was a few big money donors there.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I would find it odd if our QB1 and QB2 both attended and spoke at the Collective gathering last night would enter the portal today. Just saying...