Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    First of all, you’re not banking $100k. You’re banking 60-70%. The government banks the rest.

Then you have to apply. Leave mid-year. Move, find housing, make sure your credits will transfer all within a month.

You have to make sure the new coaching staff actually wants you. Look at their depth chart, where do you think you fit in? If a player is that good at NDSU, they are certainly getting drafted and I’m not sure I know of a better developmental program than NDSU. If you’re in it for the long-haul, are you going to give up what you got to take the equivalent of one year of a high-level UDFA contract? All with the chance of getting buried on a depth chart?

We’re not fighting apples to apples. The kid has seen we’re willing to invest in him and he has his coaches, teammates and now as you see community support.

If a kid moves on, more power to him. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The game sucks right now, but it’s what we got. Like all other things, bring on the competition. We’ll win this one too.
    This is the only way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I hope they’re doing whatever comports with the prevailing attitudes of the department and the athletes that they’re serving.
    So you are ok with them paying athletes based on the color of their skin as opposed to merit and performance. Go down that route and they may as well do that with recruiting players. Oh wait we all know how that worked

Do you work for UPENN?????

Nice troll by the way.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The more I read and listen to NIL and Transfer Portal talk around the NDSU players I would be pleasantly surprised if Zabel stays. I've now heard a new number bigger than the $250k thrown around earlier this week.

We WILL lose some guys to the portal this year and they will be impact players but I also believe because of the collective we will also keep a few that otherwise might have left.

The day after the end of the season is when we will know who.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Already a member but gonna do another in my GFs name to try and help hit the 200. Encourage other folks to do it as well.
    I signed Emily up. Good idea!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I hope they’re doing whatever comports with the prevailing attitudes of the department and the athletes that they’re serving.
    “I’ll take vague and meaningless word salad for $800,000, Alex”
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Let’s keep pushing by spreading the information to other Bison! The more members we have by kick off the better for the Green & Gold Collective. (I did the same… signed up our ndsu alumni daughter!) Sometimes all it takes is a simple text to a Bison Friend, with the link to the website and Boom - they join!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Signed up and I signed up my dad. Good B-day present for him coming up...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Signed up and I signed up my dad. Good B-day present for him coming up...
    I am going in the Green and Gold Collective now, and try to figure this out. I am guessing it all has to be done on-line but I will soldier on through this. One first-time donation and then look at a monthly one.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    First of all, you’re not banking $100k. You’re banking 60-70%. The government banks the rest.

Then you have to apply. Leave mid-year. Move, find housing, make sure your credits will transfer all within a month.

You have to make sure the new coaching staff actually wants you. Look at their depth chart, where do you think you fit in? If a player is that good at NDSU, they are certainly getting drafted and I’m not sure I know of a better developmental program than NDSU. If you’re in it for the long-haul, are you going to give up what you got to take the equivalent of one year of a high-level UDFA contract? All with the chance of getting buried on a depth chart?

We’re not fighting apples to apples. The kid has seen we’re willing to invest in him and he has his coaches, teammates and now as you see community support.

If a kid moves on, more power to him. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The game sucks right now, but it’s what we got. Like all other things, bring on the competition. We’ll win this one too.
    Good for us that CW is sold on everything Bison. I’m just saying most guys getting that kind of offer are not turning it down. If they are getting over $100k they are going to see the field. Ignoring 100k plus offers as not a threat is ignorant.

The goal of the collective is to solve $5,000 problems. Who knows maybe we can grow it into something bigger but it will be hard to ever compete with the P5

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    “I’ll take vague and meaningless word salad for $800,000, Alex”
    All I really mean is that the decision makers will probably be far more considered and practical than a couple of yahoos bantering on the internet.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie