Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    Kudos to coach Polasek for hitting the ground running with this on relatively short notice for him as well.
    Likely one of the factors why he was chosen over coach Roehl?

What TP has done in his first month has been nothing short of world class. He walked into a bee hive and calmed the room. I cannot tell you how impressed I have been. Well done. Great start for a good person. Excited to watch him lead.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    You are completely correct that a decent portion of the workforce can't properly assess their performance especially compared to others. both positively and negatively.

I entered the workforce in the 90s as part of the "never discuss your pay" generation. But now I am a senior leader at a company that hires in CA so we have no option. And while I still never discuss MY pay with anyone, I have seen value of pay transparency in the real world. Particularly, at my company, due to convoluted archaic HR approaches, long tenured employees or people who rose throughout the ranks could be severely underpaid compared to new hires. Pay transparency has been a godsend to stop that nonsense.
    Couldn't agree more. In a lot of organizations there are significant pay discrepancies that only can be explained by laziness or greed. Sometimes the best employees who complain the least are the ones who have the worst pay outcomes. New hires and "job hoppers" are encouraged. Our organization is constantly evaluating our entire payroll for discrepancies and making adjustments as needed to correct those issues. All senior managers are a part of that discussion so that we have more buy in and all managers have a better understanding of the justifications for individual pay. This allows them to address employee questions/concerns when they arise. We don't encourage employees to discuss their pay with coworkers but we are not afraid of it. We feel like if we are doing our jobs sufficiently it shouldn't be difficult to provide justification for the pay an individual employee is receiving. The employee may not always agree with our salary decisions, but typically the employees who bitch the most about pay are the least educated about their market value and typically need to find that out for themselves at another organization. Keeping something secretive only adds to this lack of education about market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    What TP has done in his first month has been nothing short of world class. He walked into a bee hive and calmed the room. I cannot tell you how impressed I have been. Well done. Great start for a good person. Excited to watch him lead.
    New Coach AND new NIL Collective BOTH seem to be off to a great and productive start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Can't you tell from headhunters if you're underpaid? That's how I know if I'm getting what I'm worth.
    You are missing the point. Pay transparency when executed properly, mitigates the risk of employees being underpaid. Why wouldn't you just pay someone properly. Also, the long-term incentives of the headhunters rarely align with their candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    You are missing the point. Pay transparency when executed properly, mitigates the risk of employees being underpaid. Why wouldn't you just pay someone properly. Also, the long-term incentives of the headhunters rarely align with their candidate.
    I understand your point and I'm not against paying properly. I don't think I've said otherwise. I've always tried to go above and beyond to reward, but based on performance, not other criteria.

My point about headhunters is it's a good way for individuals to benchmark their salary. I've done that for years. I also was placed by one into a fantastic long term opportunity.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

North Dakota State NIL Store Tweet: We asked AI to create the NDSU NIL Storefront. Here’s what it came up with!

NIL.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    North Dakota State NIL Store Tweet: We asked AI to create the NDSU NIL Storefront. Here’s what it came up with!

NIL.jpg
    I like it.........
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Roehl will be on Bartley’s show tomorrow on 740 the fan

https://x.com/jaybartley34/status/17...9x2nhINMpOtW8A

The Turds have joined the NIL ranks. Their culture must suck now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com