Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    One thing Entz said at his presser yesterday that I liked was mentioning they need to treat MSU almost like an option team. I was thinking about that the last few days and my less than stellar football education tells me to limit the damage you have to be gap sound and trust each other to make the play. It comes down to one on one tackling(which will be an issue) but "flowing to the ball" can get you killed in this situation.

I used cliche terms(and maybe incorrectly) but it was easier than writing out entire definitions of what I think should happen.
    Treating them like an option team just tags each player on defense with a specific offensive player they are responsible for and limits the defensive formations and movement. You pretty much run with the same personnel regardless of the offensive groupings and you recognize they're just trying to do the same things out of different formations.

See GA Southern when Heagle dismantled their triple option.

I would assume that they spent a good majority of last week scheming for Mont State...as they knew how bad Drake was. So I hope we're not just trying to install a different defense 5 days before the game.

But I also would think that Entz could very well be bold face lying, or at least keeping MSU guessing, because there really is not a logical reason to put your defensive strategy out there for all to hear.

At the end of the day, the scheme is only half the battle. You have to have guys that can make plays. You can obviously do things that would put the players in a better position to be successful, but that still doesnt matter if you cant wrap up or make a play in space.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here’s hoping that Kittie FB is as inept as their media crew is

https://youtu.be/TdUqWLnzOnE?si=4igBaW3NTBFbtsAT
    I don't know why they cant get a microphone for the press to ask their questions. I guess its because we are a STEM school and not a school of dance and music like the guys over the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    I don't know why they cant get a microphone for the press to ask their questions. I guess its because we are a STEM school and not a school of dance and music like the guys over the hill.
    Can they give us a camera angle where we don't have to see Vigen's nose hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Treating them like an option team just tags each player on defense with a specific offensive player they are responsible for and limits the defensive formations and movement. You pretty much run with the same personnel regardless of the offensive groupings and you recognize they're just trying to do the same things out of different formations.

See GA Southern when Heagle dismantled their triple option.

I would assume that they spent a good majority of last week scheming for Mont State...as they knew how bad Drake was. So I hope we're not just trying to install a different defense 5 days before the game.

But I also would think that Entz could very well be bold face lying, or at least keeping MSU guessing, because there really is not a logical reason to put your defensive strategy out there for all to hear.

At the end of the day, the scheme is only half the battle. You have to have guys that can make plays. You can obviously do things that would put the players in a better position to be successful, but that still doesnt matter if you cant wrap up or make a play in space.
    My two biggest concerns on D are our ability to tackle one on one has been terrible and watching so many plays were the LB or safety coming up to fill a gap runs right at the blocker and dances with them while the ball carrier zips by.

Can they give us a camera angle where we don't have to see Vigen's nose hairs?
    https://youtu.be/x_F7DuljfTc?si=gP8vcXEQO3e16ljO

The one you had from Skyline is a zoom recording

My two biggest concerns on D are our ability to tackle one on one has been terrible and watching so many plays were the LB or safety coming up to fill a gap runs right at the blocker and dances with them while the ball carrier zips by.
    We seem to have had problems tackling as of late too.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    5 Dimes has MSU favored by 1. Total of 59.
    If the weather is clear, take the over. I see this as a shootout...I don't they can stop each other more than once or twice during the game.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Can we gamble on the over/under of total QB runs between the two teams? 35.5?
    Yeah, take the over

I'm looking forward to a great game. My heart says the Bison have a chance but my head says the Cats will win. I just don't think we can stop their running game enough to win. I think our offense can score some...but will it be enough?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Here is the Bobcat two-deep:

https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I found the exchange immediately after interesting, especially since I didn’t get a chance to watch the Cat-Griz game

Roger Fischer
    @rfischeresq
    ·Nov 27

Can you ask him if Chambers will start? It really seems like he should.

Victor Flores
    @VictorFlores406
    ·Nov 27

Chambers is listed as the backup still. Vigen said he wants to play Chambers more than he played in the Brawl, but there’s no indication that Chambers will start.