Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

Default Re: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

The kitty's haven't been playing that well lately. They will need to stop tommy running wild though one way or another. A very winnable game for us and I'm hoping Bison come ready to kick ass and have that killing confidence attitude.

We need a no turnover game next week.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    We need a no turnover game next week.
    This was once a given. That and no mental penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Where do you think Jason Petrino is from??? No need to squabble. We got this.
    Cuz our defense has been able to scheme, tackle and be more physical against other decent, run-heavy teams this year.....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

We'll need to find a way to stop the run, I'd like to see us run blitzing all game. Might give a up a big play down field occasionally but it's better then a slow death by having them run it down our throats all game. I'm confident our offense will put up points if we let Cam sling it. If Roehl goes into his stubborn run it into a wall mentality or QB runs every other play then we won't keep up with them. Time to open up the offense and out score them!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    There were some good looking runs in the UNI and SIU games but yesterday they were back to hesitating hitting the hole which means running into a clogged gap.
    I haven't re-watched it, but, holy cow, I switched to the Youngstown State game - they were running a similar offense and, in comparison, our RBs looked like people my age walking up to a bank teller to attempt to deposit an Olive Garden coupon into their account (i.e. slow, not quite sure what was going on or where they were, and liable to drop the coupon.) If we have a RB 8 yards deep in the backfield, 50% of the time they meet a defender at the QB. I'm guessing that's why they put RaJa back there because he doesn't screw around back there and has great vision.

They've got to step it up. I know TaMerik can do it, Barika shows flashes, and TK... c'mon man.
    Last edited by tony; 11-27-2023 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Disclaimer: I'd try to deposit my Olive Garden coupons at an Arby's.

5 Dimes has MSU favored by 1. Total of 59.

Should be a close hard fought game. Cats haven't been as good later in the season, hopefully we have a couple players return to full strength. NDSU is having a down year but is still very dangerous. I think the team that wins this one is going to go on a run to the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I haven't re-watched it, but, holy cow, I switched to the Youngstown State game - they were running a similar offense and, in comparison, our RBs looked like people my age walking up to a bank teller to attempt to deposit an Olive Garden coupon into their account (i.e. slow, not quite sure what was going on or where they were, and liable to drop the coupon.) If we have a RB 8 yards deep in the backfield, 50% of the time they meet a defender at the QB. I'm guessing that's why they put RaJa back there because he doesn't screw around back there and has great vision.

They've got to step it up. I know TaMerik can do it, Otis shows flashes, and TK... c'mon man.
    That sounds a little rapey.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A group of us did the one day charter back in 2010. Still my favorite trip of all time. Including every FBS game I have been too and Frisco. Is there a charter going this year? I can't go this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    A group of us did the one day charter back in 2010. Still my favorite trip of all time. Including every FBS game I have been too and Frisco. Is there a charter going this year? I can't go this year.
    I received an email gaging interest in a charter. Probably got it on Sunday?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013