Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 Round 2: Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Looks like the weather conditions in Bozeman on Saturday are going to be roughly equivalent to the outdoor practice conditions in Fargo this week. Plus about 4,000 ft of elevation.
    Well, then turn down the temp in the practice facility and suck out some of the oxygen to simulate the game conditions. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Well, then turn down the temp in the practice facility and suck out some of the oxygen to simulate the game conditions. Problem solved.
    I'd offer the High Altitude Training Room but it's in use this week (games upcoming at Denver).
    https://www.theralph.com/about-the-a...oom-renovation

Honestly, the first game you feel winded; manage the substitutions.
    The second game of a back to back is when your legs really go dead.

If we can score 27 we might have a chance.

Screw the doom and gloom. We're gonna beat the Bobcats just like we have the past few years. This is destiny; greatest playoff run ever capped with a Natty over the Jacks. So it has been written, so it must be done. Go Bison!

Don't be surprised if they go, hurry up, all game long and try to wear out the starting DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Don't be surprised if they go, hurry up, all game long and try to wear out the starting DL.
    Who’s they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Who’s they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Montana St, guessing. Not a bad game plan actually.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Here’s hoping that Kittie FB is as inept as their media crew is

https://youtu.be/TdUqWLnzOnE?si=4igBaW3NTBFbtsAT
    Don't believe everything you think.

One thing Entz said at his presser yesterday that I liked was mentioning they need to treat MSU almost like an option team. I was thinking about that the last few days and my less than stellar football education tells me to limit the damage you have to be gap sound and trust each other to make the play. It comes down to one on one tackling(which will be an issue) but "flowing to the ball" can get you killed in this situation.

I used cliche terms(and maybe incorrectly) but it was easier than writing out entire definitions of what I think should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    One thing Entz said at his presser yesterday that I liked was mentioning they need to treat MSU almost like an option team. I was thinking about that the last few days and my less than stellar football education tells me to limit the damage you have to be gap sound and trust each other to make the play. It comes down to one on one tackling(which will be an issue) but "flowing to the ball" can get you killed in this situation.

I used cliche terms(and maybe incorrectly) but it was easier than writing out entire definitions of what I think should happen.

I heard that too, "play them like an option team" which is true. So the best way to play an option team is to force their weakest option. Is that the "dive" with #32 running between the tackles, or the QB run on the edge, to the Pitch/RPO pass to TE. If our OC has his head out of his ass this week we can run inside power from the same formations, and the LB still has to watch for Tommy on the edge.

If our OC is on his game it is really difficult to stop, however he has tendency to get cute and throw in a play that loses yards (trick plays, reverses ect...) or he gets way to predictable based on formations.

I am hoping Vigen slapped him around a little bit and our OC calls a decent game but you never know what the gameplan is with this guy until it starts.