Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT @ Grand Canyon

Default Re: GDT @ Grand Canyon

I just turned it on...

the 5 zone possessions i saw 2 turnovers trying to hit high post and 3 - long 3-point shots. No penetration very little ball movement / no corner touches. There are so many times we just looked unprepared for what a team might try against us. Today it was zone / last couple of years it was any type of press we encountered.

Streit just airballed a free throw.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I just turned it on...

the 5 zone possessions i saw 2 turnovers trying to hit high post and 3 - long 3-point shots. No penetration very little ball movement / no corner touches. There are so many times we just looked unprepared for what a team might try against us. Today it was zone / last couple of years it was any type of press we encountered.
    Well, when you are down double digits with under 2 min left, you kinda need to take threes, sometimes not great looks to get back in the game. GCU just hit the gas from the last 5 min of the first half and didn’t slow down. They are a good team.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

One coach is capable of making halftime adjustments and the other doesn't know how to pull his thumb out of his ass. Some things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well, when you are down double digits with under 2 min left, you kinda need to take threes, sometimes not great looks to get back in the game. GCU just hit the gas from the last 5 min of the first half and didn’t slow down. They are a good team.

I would have subbed in Miller and/or Waddles in the game right away. Miller especially since she can create his own shot.

Off a ball reversal - I would have tried to screen the uptop zone guard to try to get 2 on 1 against low one side wing defender with a corner 3-point shooter.
    There top zone guys were really pinching the middle area free throw area when the ball was at top of the key from what I saw. I would've had Wheeler the offensive player making the decisions as the PG. White doesn't seem to make the correct decisions if he has the ball in his hands in those spots. (we had Wheeler in the high post spot several times)

The bad possessions started about 5:30 left in game here were the shots we got up...This sequence was against a matchup 2/3 zone.
    5:34 - 25 footer Skunberg (zero passes)
    4:48 White made 15 foot jumper
    4:09 White 23 foot contested 3 pointer
    3:31 White turnover
    2:50 Wheeler missed 20 footer

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I would have subbed in Miller and/or Waddles in the game right away. Miller especially since she can create his own shot.

Off a ball reversal - I would have tried to screen the uptop zone guard to try to get 2 on 1 against low one side wing defender with a corner 3-point shooter.
    There top zone guys were really pinching the middle area free throw area when the ball was at top of the key from what I saw. I would've had Wheeler the offensive player making the decisions as the PG. White doesn't seem to make the correct decisions if he has the ball in his hands in those spots. (we had Wheeler in the high post spot several times)

The bad possessions started about 5:30 left in game here were the shots we got up...This sequence was against a matchup 2/3 zone.
    5:34 - 25 footer Skunberg (zero passes)
    4:48 White made 15 foot jumper
    4:09 White 23 foot contested 3 pointer
    3:31 White turnover
    2:50 Wheeler missed 20 footer
    It was ugly. Looked like they had zero clue how to attack a zone.

I like our squad. Grand Canyon has a good team. Just was painful to watch the ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why cant Richman go out and get someone in the portal like GCU did with Grant-Foster.

15 players on the GCU roster, 10 are portal/transfer players. Ponder that. Some coaches live or die with the portal players.

oh no i didn't watch or comment, results the same.
    2-8 is looking ndsu in the mirror for non conference and 1-9 if WMU made a FT or boxed out.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Grand Canyon beat #25 San Diego St last night.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013