Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How SDSU's and USD's investments into programs led to strongest football season in th

Default How SDSU's and USD's investments into programs led to strongest football season in th

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...states-history

The crux of the article is both teams had mediocre facilities in D2 and went crazy in D1 upgrades. Recruits used to go there and think what a shit hole. Not anymore. SDSU stadium rennovation, Dakota Dome rennovation in 2020, SDSU indoor practice facility and Stiegelmeier Family Athletic Center for football. Full cost of attendance was implemented. USD built the $73 million Sanford Coyote Sports Center.

Revenue increased.

So right now NDSU is at the top for an IPF. The Scheels Center was once near the top. Now it's in the middle of the league when St Thomas completes their arena.. The indoor track is in the top half but not in the same league as UND or SDSU. Newman is the best but nobody goes to baseball. Same is true of softball. The new outdoor track is impressive but underwhelming

The Fargodome is the best atmosphere when it's packed and games are close. Problem is it's rarely packed anymore and it has the worst amenities. It has no club seats to generate revenue and not enough space to expand food/drinks to generate revenue. It's not NDSUs building so the only way it is ever upgraded is by voting Dec 5th. We need an edge.

[Img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6RM4Z-XcAA3QjV?format=jpg&name=medium[/img

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: How SDSU's and USD's investments into programs led to strongest football season i

I cannot understand why anyone would cast 'No' votes.
    If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.
    Not wanting the best possible facility in your city defies logic and critical thinking.

Default Re: How SDSU's and USD's investments into programs led to strongest football season i

Based on a couple of Gabe's pictures, it appears that they're having a single parents convention. Someone needs to check out the guy in the suit in the front row. Seems a bit over-dressed.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Someone needs to check out the guy in the suit in the front row. Seems a bit over-dressed.
    Doesn't everyone wear a suit to a AC/DC concert?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Based on a couple of Gabe's pictures, it appears that they're having a single parents convention. Someone needs to check out the guy in the suit in the front row. Seems a bit over-dressed.
    Sales guy. 10c
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You will not get any argument from me. I could argue for a YES vote until the cows come home but there are still people who find reasons to vote NO, none of which I find very economically sound. Fine, shoot yourself in the foot. This is a major economic transformer for Fargo and the region. Nine more days until the Dec 5th vote.

VOTE PEOPLE. YES.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I cannot understand why anyone would cast 'No' votes.
    If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.
    Not wanting the best possible facility in your city defies logic and critical thinking
    Thank you. Precision post. "Critical thinking" is severely lacking in today's society. Just go to the lowest common denominator, the simplest and most convenient explanation for a complex issue, and base decisions on that. Or, better yet, base your decision on the number of "likes" on a post. Society has become nothing more than a bunch of sheep. I am so glad I am no longer young and don't have 50 more years of living in this crappy society.

I am a HARD YES VOTE. And I am voting at my beloved FARGODOME.

[QUOTE=AlumniGreen;1640355] I am so glad I am no longer young and don't have 50 more years of living in this crappy society.

Sadly, I do not believe that our once great Republic has 50 years left in her.

[QUOTE=NI4NI;1640356]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I am so glad I am no longer young and don't have 50 more years of living in this crappy society.

Sadly, I do not believe that our once great Republic has 50 years left in her.
    Even more sadly, I agree with you. At the rate we are going.....

Do recruits care about fan amenities in the stadium? I can see them being enticed by fancy locker rooms and player lounges, but not skyboxes and fancy eats in the concession stands. Regarding revenue, do the booster clubs from the other Dakota schools come anywhere close to Team Makers?

The Fargodome really needs these upgrades to keep up with the times regardless of how every other football team is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...states-history

The crux of the article is both teams had mediocre facilities in D2 and went crazy in D1 upgrades. Recruits used to go there and think what a shit hole. Not anymore. SDSU stadium rennovation, Dakota Dome rennovation in 2020, SDSU indoor practice facility and Stiegelmeier Family Athletic Center for football. Full cost of attendance was implemented. USD built the $73 million Sanford Coyote Sports Center.

Revenue increased.

So right now NDSU is at the top for an IPF. The Scheels Center was once near the top. Now it's in the middle of the league when St Thomas completes their arena.. The indoor track is in the top half but not in the same league as UND or SDSU. Newman is the best but nobody goes to baseball. Same is true of softball. The new outdoor track is impressive but underwhelming

The Fargodome is the best atmosphere when it's packed and games are close. Problem is it's rarely packed anymore and it has the worst amenities. It has no club seats to generate revenue and not enough space to expand food/drinks to generate revenue. It's not NDSUs building so the only way it is ever upgraded is by voting Dec 5th. We need an edge.
    It's OK to not be OK.