Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time display question....

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Time display question....

I have a really dumb question from a poster who is terrible at computers (that's me!!) How do you know if you get a PM? I happened to stumble upon some area on Bisonville, and I found out there were 3 or so PM's waiting for me which I did not know about. One was from a while ago, and the poster had "banned" next to her name and the topic line was very filthy so no loss. Must have thought I was a guy. Good Lord. (I did not open it but it was clear what it was).

Just wondering if there is some kind of an alert if I get a PM.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I have a really dumb question from a poster who is terrible at computers (that's me!!) How do you know if you get a PM? I happened to stumble upon some area on Bisonville, and I found out there were 3 or so PM's waiting for me which I did not know about. One was from a while ago, and the poster had "banned" next to her name and the content of the PM was very filthy so no loss. Must have thought I was a guy. Good Lord.

Just wondering if there is some kind of an alert if I get a PM.

Thanks.
    Upper rt hand corner ---notifications will be lit up. I will send a pm so you can see it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Upper rt hand corner ---notifications will be lit up. I will send a pm so you can see it.
    What, pray tell, are notifications? And what right hand corner? There are a lot of corners around here. LOL.

Now you know what the HELP Desk where I used to work went through with me for years. A heavy sigh from the HELP Desk employee when I would call them and state my name!

What, pray tell, are notifications? And what right hand corner? There are a lot of corners around here. LOL.

Now you know what the HELP Desk where I used to work went through with me for years. A heavy sigh from the HELP Desk employee when I would call them and state my name!
    You serious????? Scroll UP and look at the rt hand corner
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This humor is pointed at myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25J3u3P-HHg

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You serious????? Scroll UP and look at the rt hand corner
    At least you didn't have to be my HELP desk* person (but at least they got PAID)

*sainthood-eligible.

Thanks for your patience.

My cats frequently walk on the keyboard so maybe threw things out of wack.

At least you didn't have to be my HELP desk* person (but at least they got PAID)

*sainthood-eligible.

Thanks for your patience.

My cats frequently walk on the keyboard so maybe threw things out of wack.
    In case you're still wondering. Images are worth a thousand words.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 130512.png

tech fail on my first post. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1998braves64; 12-08-2023 at 06:06 PM. Reason: And now I can't figure out how to get rid of attached thumbnails!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    In case you're still wondering. Images are worth a thousand words.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 130512.png

tech fail on my first post. LOL
    Thank you. "I" figured it out. But by digging around there, I found a wealth of information. There is something called "Reputation" and I saw some very lovely posters had put green dots by my name so that sounds positive. Also some signature stuff, and options to add a picture or photograph and other options. Little by little, it is starting to make sense around here.