Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Question

Default Trivia Question

Here's one I don't know the answer to and don't have the data to answer (at least not in a format I can query.)

When is the last time NDSU scored in the 4th to take a lead, then the other team took the lead back, and then NDSU scored again to win the game?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trivia Question

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Here's one I don't know the answer to and don't have the data to answer (at least not in a format I can query.)

When is the last time NDSU scored in the 4th to take a lead, then the other team took the lead back, and then NDSU scored again to win the game?
    The Word last year?

ISUR in the Championship game?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    The Word last year?

ISUR in the Championship game?
    Those 2 don't have the requested lead changes. 2015 vs UNI does, plus an extra set of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Those 2 don't have the requested lead changes. 2015 vs UNI does, plus an extra set of changes.
    Wow, nice find!

35 pts in the 4th quarter - 3 TDs by NDSU, 2 by UNI. I'm kind of thinking this might be the only case of this since 1983.

On the flip side, Montana in 2012, the I Word last year, Georgia Southern 2012, and ISU-R 2014, if the other team had done what Arizona and Sam Houston did and march the ensuing kickoff right down the field for a TD, NDSU would've lost all those games.

Natty Illinois State
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I thought that game did, but NDSU had the lead to start the 4th quarter.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I thought that game did, but NDSU had the lead to start the 4th quarter.
    Would the K state win qualify in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Would the K state win qualify in this scenario?
    Nope, with Illinois State championship and Kansas State , NDSU scored to take the lead just like they did with Arizona State and Sam Houston '20 - the difference is that the defense kept the other offense from marching right down the field and scoring on the ensuing possession. Heck, NDSU's defense kept Kansas State from scoring at all in the 4th quarter.

I think that Cam has proven his comeback chops when he came in late for Quincy against Missouri State in 2021 and UIW last year - but those wins wouldn't have happened without some defensive stops.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nope, with Illinois State championship and Kansas State , NDSU scored to take the lead just like they did with Arizona State and Sam Houston '20 - the difference is that the defense kept the other offense from marching right down the field and scoring on the ensuing possession. Heck, NDSU's defense kept Kansas State from scoring at all in the 4th quarter.

I think that Cam has proven his comeback chops when he came in late for Quincy against Missouri State in 2021 and UIW last year - but those wins wouldn't have happened without some defensive stops.
    Having the ball for around 8 1/2 minutes in "The Drive" was a sight to behold.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with the take that Cam hasn’t benefited from the caliber of defenses that Jensen, Wentz, & Stick had. But your examples here are a little unfair. In the K-State and ISU natty games we took the lead in both of those with right around 30 seconds left, against Sam Houston we took the lead with 8:17 left and Arizona we scored with 2:07 left in the 3rd.