Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: GDT: @ Montana

Default Re: GDT: @ Montana

Why ya mad at me. I didn’t blow a 17 pt lead as a coach
    I didn’t extend a coach in the dark like an AD
    I posted excitedly at 38 31 and 14 points. Sooooo. Sorry
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Relax…..Bison won by 9 in a tough environment on the road. Great win.

Also…Moody is a great basketball player. Sure would have been fun to see him and Boden playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Why ya mad at me. I didn’t blow a 17 pt lead as a coach
    I didn’t extend a coach in the dark like an AD
    I posted excitedly at 38 31 and 14 points. Sooooo. Sorry
    Sometimes you need to be happy the BISON won. Was Richmond playing last night? You will be on the football forum tomorrow bitching about that game.

Ill take a bounce back road win vs a team similar to us. There will be ups and downs with this squad, but confident they will be fighting for a league title and NCAA berth. The successful Bison squads over the years had pretty good PGs and we have that with DWT.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First 30 minutes of this game was the best basketball the team has played all season, then Dave went into stall mode instead of sticking with what got us the big lead in the first place and it all went to shit, just like the Kansas game we lost a few years ago. Also, in the first half Feddersen was rotating with Morgs at the 5 instead of Streit and our offense was significantly better, then down the stretch it was all Streit and it was noticeably worse. Glad to see Miller back in the starting lineup, I think it sparked him to have his best game of the year, I'm curious to see if starting 4 guards is going to stick or if it was matchup based. Doesn't leave a lot of room for Burke to get on the floor and I like what he brings. Really nice bounce back win for the guys, I really don't like or want to buy the jetlag excuse for Tuesdays game but after seeing the difference between last night and Tuesday night it's hard not to say that 3 flights in 3 days may have had something to do with how poorly we played on Tuesday.

Now we get a tune up game against UW-Stout and then off to a very good Grand Canyon team who's the preseason WAC favorite after going 24-11 and winning the WAC last year. Then back to back's against Tim Miles and SJSU after that followed by a solid Portland team. Big 4 game stretch coming for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    First 30 minutes of this game was the best basketball the team has played all season, then Dave went into stall mode instead of sticking with what got us the big lead in the first place and it all went to shit, just like the Kansas game we lost a few years ago. Also, in the first half Feddersen was rotating with Morgs at the 5 instead of Streit and our offense was significantly better, then down the stretch it was all Streit and it was noticeably worse. Glad to see Miller back in the starting lineup, I think it sparked him to have his best game of the year, I'm curious to see if starting 4 guards is going to stick or if it was matchup based. Doesn't leave a lot of room for Burke to get on the floor and I like what he brings. Really nice bounce back win for the guys, I really don't like or want to buy the jetlag excuse for Tuesdays game but after seeing the difference between last night and Tuesday night it's hard not to say that 3 flights in 3 days may have had something to do with how poorly we played on Tuesday.

Now we get a tune up game against UW-Stout and then off to a very good Grand Canyon team who's the preseason WAC favorite after going 24-11 and winning the WAC last year. Then back to back's against Tim Miles and SJSU after that followed by a solid Portland team. Big 4 game stretch coming for the team.
    I hope Miller sticks in the starting lineup. He's a shooter and one of our top 4-5 scorers. Streit should probably only be in there sparingly or for foul trouble. He brings rebounding, screen setting, but that's it. We need to find more minutes for Burke. I think teams could have trouble guarding us if we did occasional small ball with Burke/Feddersen at the 5. For some reason Waddles only played 2 min. Grand Canyon is going to be a very good test in a week and they usually sell their games out.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 11-17-2023 at 02:15 PM.

Waddles is not playing because he is not hitting any outside shots. He is 1-12 from 3 this year. He is not in there for his defense....White has been a much better defender so far this season.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Waddles is not playing because he is not hitting any outside shots. He is 1-12 from 3 this year. He is not in there for his defense....White has been a much better defender so far this season.
    I think Dissette will eat up Waddles minutes. Better defender, more athleticism, and outside shooting at this point is pretty similar.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post

Nice recap and forward schedule review...much appreciated.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Yeah I don't know what's the issue for Waddles, kid absolutely lit it up on the foreign trip, went 3-4 from 3 in the exhibition but when the lights come on and the games count he can't make a damn thing. He's done some nice things getting to the rim but until he starts hitting shots from 3 in games that matter he's going to be sitting on the bench because he isn't a great defender or rebounder so Miller, White and Dissette are going to get those minutes. Hoping he figures it out, kid is a scoring machine any time other than the 40 minutes that matter and I'm not sure why, maybe he's pressing, maybe it's the full speed D1 competition but hope he gets it dialed in because he's a weapon if he's on.