Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: If the playoffs started today

Default Re: If the playoffs started today

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Indy I respect you a lot but this happens from time to time where you argue points that I’m not trying to make. I understand what you are saying but you don’t seem to understand what I’m saying.

Nothing has changed, although we have played better for a couple weeks here. It is possible to be very frustrated with the direction of the program while also supporting the team and feeling that our seeding was unfair. You use the term “irrational”, but it is irrational to think that to think that one can’t be critical of aspects of the program while also supporting it.

We have had our two worst seasons in 13 years this year and last year. Hence the frustration a lot of people feel. Both years we were capable (and obviously last year we did) of making the championship. Both can be correct.
    And similarly it can also be true that peoples attributions for various states can be wildly off base. Or at least materially so.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Even in their undefeated seasons they lost? Wut?

Lol Indy come on

I don’t care what “the consensus” was. It is possible for us to “underperform” and also deserve a top 8 seed.
    Not meaning to fire up this argument again, but I think I’ll just point out that this is where we disagree. My position is that your performance during the regular season is the evidence of the seed you deserve. If Furman went undefeated, for example, you could REASONABLY say that they were deserving of a top 2-3 seed under your same rationale on why NDSU underperformed and deserved a seed, and heck, why not say that about them with the 1 loss…? Who’s to say they aren’t a better team that just underperformed or played down to their competition all year?

You can’t use the “underperformed argument” because if you apply it to all teams you are introducing MORE subjectivity, not less.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Not meaning to fire up this argument again, but I think I’ll just point out that this is where we disagree. My position is that your performance during the regular season is the evidence of the seed you deserve. If Furman went undefeated, for example, you could REASONABLY say that they were deserving of a top 2-3 seed under your same rationale on why NDSU underperformed and deserved a seed, and heck, why not say that about them with the 1 loss…? Who’s to say they aren’t a better team that just underperformed or played down to their competition all year?

You can’t use the “underperformed argument” because if you apply it to all teams you are introducing MORE subjectivity, not less.
    I meant underperforming as a possible indictment against a coaching staff. Not that it should be affecting our seeding. I agree with you, if you’re saying you underperformed all season, you don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt in seeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I meant underperforming as a possible indictment against a coaching staff. Not that it should be affecting our seeding. I agree with you, if you’re saying you underperformed all season, you don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt in seeding.
    Then I guess I’d say NDSU has underperformed *most* of the season if they do indeed deserve a seed. I think we’ll find out the next couple of weeks.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm just thankful FCS 'overkills' on playoffs. We all know that nobody in the bottom half of the field ain't doing squat in the playoffs, but at least anyone with a legit chance is included.
    FBS, are you paying attention?

https://www.outkick.com/nicholls-sta...ers-from-ncaa/

Very lame, what happened to Nicholls State after their FCS playoff loss.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    https://www.outkick.com/nicholls-sta...ers-from-ncaa/

Very lame, what happened to Nicholls State after their FCS playoff loss.
    That's unfortunate.
    Nice to see that the SIU team brought in food.
    That's a good message that the opposing team and fans are first and foremost our guests. We're all there to enjoy young men play a game.

Matt Zimmer notes, including Coyotes relieved to not be playing the same team so soon after a close win (the school up north)

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...hups-are-set-1