Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If the playoffs started today

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: If the playoffs started today

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd love to see NDSU stomp the ever-loving snot out of UND in the FargoDome in the second round. Then beat USD at their place by 24 in the quarters. Then watch as NDSU ends SDSU's season in JMU-like fashion in the semis. Then win a 10th FCS title.

Is that too much to ask?
    It certainly doesn't hurt to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There is still an outside chance we get a seed, but would we want an 8 seed? You absolutely will take a bye week. But going to Brookings in fir the quarters would suck. Going there for the 2nd round, again not good. That being said, as cocky and deservedly confident as the Jacks are, they definitely dont want to see NDSU in the playoffs.
    I don't think we get a bye based on this year's resume; we are likely a top 8 team in the division, but when has that actually mattered more than wins.

Would be great if the committee sent UND to Brookings in the second round, and sent us to Vermillion....both bus rides.

Hope we get a chance at the Jacks in the semi's.

I had to change my scenario because if NDSU gets an 8 seed, they'll be going to SDSU in the quarters (assuming the rabbits don't choke on their cupcake.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't care when or where we play them. To be the best you have to beat the best. Give me a seed a bye and a home game.
    I'd love to see NDSU somehow beat UNI to get a seed. Then I want to glory in a snot stomping of UND in the FargoDome in the second round. Then I'd love to see the boys beat SDSU at their place in the quarters in JMU-like fashion. For the send-off to Frisco, it couldn't get any better than a revenge win vs USD (I don't care where) by 24 in the semis. Finally, I want to witness the glory of NDSU win a 10th FCS national title.

Is that too much to ask?
    No, it is not too much to ask. Queue up the Herb Brooks speech and the Rocky IV training montage! Is it overkill for the staff to use that for every playoff game?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd love to see NDSU somehow beat UNI to get a seed. Then I want to glory in a snot stomping of UND in the FargoDome in the second round. Then I'd love to see the boys beat SDSU at their place in the quarters in JMU-like fashion. For the send-off to Frisco, it couldn't get any better than a revenge win vs USD (I don't care where) by 24 in the semis. Finally, I want to witness the glory of NDSU win a 10th FCS national title.

Is that too much to ask?
    Knowing the committee's love for regionalization I would NOT be surprised the least by this seeding happening. Grand Forks to Vermillion is only 380 miles. Only a 6 hour trip driving. Fargo and Brookings in between, duh.

But it would be neat to see all Dakota schools in the playoffs. #shouthernspeed

I would like to see NDSU on the opposite side of sdsu, not because they are unbeatable but rather because if NDSU were to get the point of beating them, they need more games under their belt.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Is that too much to ask?
    I co-sign this scenario.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Some very good information and what may happen. I thank You all very much am an old guy so give me some slack. LOL I am from Montana, but I have been a fan of the Bison for many years. The one thing I do not want to see happen is losing to a Montana team. I cannot stand Montana bears at all.

Go Herd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There is still an outside chance we get a seed, but would we want an 8 seed? You absolutely will take a bye week. But going to Brookings in fir the quarters would suck. Going there for the 2nd round, again not good. That being said, as cocky and deservedly confident as the Jacks are, they definitely dont want to see NDSU in the playoffs.
    Usually the best teams are more vulnerable earlier than late.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One BIG change for this year is the Committee will use the Media poll and AFCA/Coaches poll for guidance, and no longer have the NCAA SRS rating.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out, and how it impacts seeding.
    NDSU is #9 in both polls as of today.