Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: If the playoffs started today

Default Re: If the playoffs started today

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Not sure why SDSU couldn't get better but not sure they really need to either.

Ndsu's path likely involves playing teams that fans care about. So that's fun.
    I don't think the bunnies are going to be challenged. Without much of a challenge, they won't improve much. They are good enough where it may not matter but if another program were to upset them, they probably need to be a better team by the time they play than they are today.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't think the bunnies are going to be challenged. Without much of a challenge, they won't improve much. They are good enough where it may not matter but if another program were to upset them, they probably need to be a better team by the time they play than they are today.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I remember in 2017 after we rolled San Diego, Wofford, & Sam Houston to get to Frisco all the JMU fans said we hadn't been challenged for so long that we wouldn't know what to do when they punched us in the mouth. That was naive of them to think that and it's naive to think SDSU is suddenly going to forget how to respond if they get challenged.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
    Extrapolatingly speaking...Youngstown State would be 9 and Austin Peay would be 10
    They don't feed the best teams from round 1 into the lowest seed. This is regional if possible. That's why NDSU and UND are feeding into Montana State and USD. Duquesne and Youngstown into Villanova. Chattanooga and Austin Peay into Furman. Obviously the non seed winners don't always have an alignment partner thus Montana and Idaho have further feeders.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Boom. Love it. Drake = bye. We beat Montana state next week. Get revenge on usd the next week.
    +1000 in lieu of rep

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel like I’m the only one that would have preferred to give SDSU a loss at Brookings in the semis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I feel like I’m the only one that would have preferred to give SDSU a loss at Brookings in the semis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was hoping for the 8 seed where und had to feed into Fargo. I was in grand forks in October and the whole place was chanting “f’ the bison” with the horns down gestures. I was minding my own business and I had a guy specifically yell in my face a couple times “f’ the bison” despite being cordial the whole time. Pretty sure on the whole, und people “get away” wearing their sioux stuff in Fargo more than me wearing bison stuff in grand forks. Would very much love to see that game replayed in Fargo this year.

But after that, I wanted the guys to go to Brookings and play that game again. Still would have been a massive underdog, but ya never know. Sdsu had a handful of regular season wins against NDSU when we were consistently favored in the Dakota marker series (discounting 2008/09 seasons). But whatevs, play the bracket you’re dealt (due to your own regular season performance)
    Last edited by land grant bison; 11-20-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Seems fair enough. I mean, you can't lose three and expect a seed.
    Idaho would like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Idaho would like a word.
    Curious, you think UND will outbid NDSU if they both make the quarters? Granted, no one knows if that even matters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Curious, you think UND will outbid NDSU if they both make the quarters? Granted, no one knows if that even matters anymore.
    FOIA requests showed UND outbid Weber last year and that mattered not, thus, I'll choose to not speculate until we hit such a crossroad.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    FOIA requests showed UND outbid Weber last year and that mattered not, thus, I'll choose to not speculate until we hit such a crossroad.
    Lol you know what’s going to happen, just say it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery