Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: If the playoffs started today

Default Re: If the playoffs started today

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...ctions-5-bzbz/

Herder's bracket has us missing out on a seed and playing Incarnate Word opposite of SDSU. His bracket assumes a loss to UNI.
    I would love this bracket but I don't see it happening like this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mostly agree with you and it’s wild.

FCS has a 24 team playoff. NDSU is objectively a top 5 team. NDSU would be a touchdown favorite on the road at the school that will get the #3 seed. Yet NDSU needs to get a road win at a top 15 school to not be on the bubble.

Make it make sense.
    Its called assuming all conferences are created equal when they are not. The CAA is a problem in that they were historically good, have 8000 teams, and whine like babies all the time. The SoCon is almost as bad, but at least they know they are not what they once were, however, they are still overvalued.

The computers see through the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I would love this bracket but I don't see it happening like this at all.
    I agree. Seems like we'd have a pretty favorable path. Then again, past teams would have walked through that, but this year is a whole new adventure.

I had some confidence for Saturday until I read Herder's prediction for the game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I agree. Seems like we'd have a pretty favorable path. Then again, past teams would have walked through that, but this year is a whole new adventure.

I had some confidence for Saturday until I read Herder's prediction for the game.
    NDSU will need a solid defensive game to win. If the d line plays well, they should win by at least 7. If they mail it in, I expect us to lose.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...ctions-5-bzbz/

Herder's bracket has us missing out on a seed and playing Incarnate Word opposite of SDSU. His bracket assumes a loss to UNI.
    Great. No criticism or even comment really. Other than that up until recently, none of this used to really have any meaning to the Bison or the Bison faithful. And I liked it when none of this really had any meaning to the Bison or the Bison faithful. It was better.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    NDSU will need a solid defensive game to win. If the d line plays well, they should win by at least 7. If they mail it in, I expect us to lose.
    I dont foresee the d-line "mailing it in"...I do however see a game where they just cant physically hold up and UNI starts breaking off longer runs in the middle of the 3rd and into the 4th qtr...you know like the Bison teams of old.

If our offense can stay on schedule and score 24+ points then I think it will be a nail biter. If they come out and turn it over or cant stay on the field...it'll be a 14+ point loss.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

It also doesn't happen with unbalanced schedules in a few conferences where there could be two different teams with just one or two losses because they haven't played the other good teams in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Its called assuming all conferences are created equal when they are not. The CAA is a problem in that they were historically good, have 8000 teams, and whine like babies all the time. The SoCon is almost as bad, but at least they know they are not what they once were, however, they are still overvalued.

The computers see through the bullshit.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Don't believe everything you think.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Two words: Just. Win. Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd love to see NDSU somehow beat UNI to get a seed. Then I want to glory in a snot stomping of UND in the FargoDome in the second round. Then I'd love to see the boys beat SDSU at their place in the quarters in JMU-like fashion. For the send-off to Frisco, it couldn't get any better than a revenge win vs USD (I don't care where) by 24 in the semis. Finally, I want to witness the glory of NDSU win a 10th FCS national title.

Is that too much to ask?
    This boils down to my philosophy 100%. We are either winning it all in the most dramatic fashion or getting throttled in the Quarterfinals